GoKunming Forums

Place to find seeds for gardening

JessicaBaker (78 posts) • 0

I would like to begin growing some things on my balcony and in the past i have always had people bring seeds from America but i was wondering if there were any places here in kunming where i could buy seeds? Preferably for spices and herbs. Thank you!

harukimurakami (27 posts) • 0

Bird and flower market has seeds. Got some 百里香 (thyme) and 七里香 (basil) from there recently. BTW, 七里香 is a not a familiar translation for basil for me, and I couldn't find any references to it online. I've known it as 罗勒, but only found out they were the same thing when talking to the vendor. Not sure if this is Yunnan specific.

Ahmet (98 posts) • 0

We found a very large selection of seeds at the wholesale flower market south of th city. If you've never been to the market go early, like 6:30 to 7:00 Qin the morning. You'll be in for a real treat with so much color and greenery. The seed vendors are in a couple of stalls just outside the main sales halls for the cut flowers.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

My wife found seeds and soil around Chenggong. I presume that was the wholesale market mentioned by Ahmet.

JessicaBaker (78 posts) • 0

Thank you everyone! :) I didn't even think to look on taobao! I might try that first since i love taobao and it wont involve me having to spend time looking anywhere hehe.

Related forum threads

Login to post