GoKunming Forums

Yunnan University

froggy (11 posts) • 0

Anyone studied a major (bachelor or master) at Yunnan Uni? what's the atmosphere like? good teachers/dorms/students?

Thinking of doing a bachelor in chinese language/literature there.

^^also, about that... my chinese is on a fairly moderate level, can anyone give an insight into the technicalities/difficulties of that ^ course? :)

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Contact the University's Foreign Affairs Office - they can point you in the right direction...usually.

Ian Fu (7 posts) • 0

Im going to study in Yunnan University for my Master Degree this September. Im a native, and I get my bachelor degree in Yunnan. I know this place and schools very well. I'm glad to meet you there next semester. You can contact me via email: ianfu.samedi@gmail.com. So long!

Ai bin (7 posts) • 0

Hey, might be a stupid question, but.... WHEN exactly does the semester start? WHEN does the winter and summer semester end? I didn't find any of this informations on the website...

It would be great if you could help me as soon as possible :)

Regards

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Ai bin

Maybe someone who posts on here has the official calendar for the next academic year (2012-2013).

There will be an official calendar. And these may be available now.
Try checking for your course specifically. Contact the admissions office for your course, and chase it up if you don't get an answer.

Course start dates may vary (delays due to cock-ups). Also for new students the registration period can be unclear, this is usually not before semester starts (but can be), then teaching may start the following week.

Winter Semester usually ends to coincide with Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), this festival is set by the lunar calendar and changes each year. The next semester begins about a month after this.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Contact the foreign affairs office OR your relevant department office. The FAO speaks English and they MIGHT help you depending on their work load, but it's NOT their job - so be courteous, please.

Related forum threads

Login to post