GoKunming Forums

Sewer oil collecting sighting in Kunming!

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Evidence of collection is not evidence of processing for, or eventual use in the human food chain. Something to keep in mind before trigger happy executionists spring into action.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@nnoble
Perhaps - however fishing oil out of an opened sewer after midnite as opposed to collecting it from the big blue waste food barrels is highly suspicious. When something's not normal - it usually means the purpose is not normal.

Texas Boy (117 posts) • 0

Lots of supposition. Does anyone know for a "fact" that the recycled oil is used for human consumption - - rather than industrial or other uses??

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I was also thinking along similar lines to Texas Boy. There is money in both the legal and illegal collection of oil. That is why people collect the stuff.

There could also, I think, be a good case for clearing the drains of oil. Oil in the drains could cause other problems with sanitation and vermin.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

Yeah, It was in the news too. Not that I trust the news here, but a while back there was a big operation shut down in Anning that was selling bad oild to Kunming.

It's also been in the national news about "recycled" oil being sold in supermarkets nationwide. I forget the brand names off the top of my head...

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

I recently read on People's daily online - the Chinese airline industry is contemplating using gutter oil (and other food derivatives) as a source of biofuel for it's fleets. They're already testing the concepts.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

@laotou. Gosh! Close call, could have disrupted China airlines fuel supply chain by executing one of their collection agents.

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

Now you know why there are signs in one or two restaurants on Wenlin Jie saying, "Please use the WC for #1 and NOT #2."

Related forum threads

Login to post