GoKunming Forums

The best winter swimming pool in Kunming?

Hagakure (19 posts) • 0

Was wondering where is the best winter swimming place in Kunming and for what reasons ? What is minimum temperature acceptable ?
Thanks

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

省体育馆 on 东风东路 (between 白塔路 and 环城东路) has a pool. It's more or less across from 茶花宾馆 (Camelia Hotel.) Go there and check it out. Bus number 5, among others, will get you to their door.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@hagakure et al
Rough translation:

省体育馆 = Shěng tǐyùguǎn = provincial sports stadium
东风东路 = Dōngfēng dōng lù = East Dōngfēng Road
白塔路 = Bái tǎ lù = Baita Road
环城东路 = Huán chéng dōng lù = East Ring Road
茶花宾馆 = Cháhuā bīnguǎn = Camelia Hotel

everyday (11 posts) • 0

I don't think that is the best one, cheapest one maybe.

A friend took me to this new swimming pool in Yunnan University of Finance on Longquan road once, warm water, professional standard, very nice.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

Thanks for the translations @latou. That's a good idea, and I should have included them myself at the time of my post.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@gb
no sweat.

@everyday
Thanks - I'll definitely look into that - I HATE cold water pools masquerading as "heated".

Aside from the pool, one of the things that really torques me - is the changing room/locker room clean or stink like mold, mildew, and or chlorine.

Oh - and the clientele - hackers and spitters in the pool is DEFINITELY an ejection point. Why stop there - why not just urinate in the pool while you're at it (or urinate nearby the hackers & spitters) - just to be fair and culturally sensitive - since we seem to be excreting body fluids in the water...

Related forum threads

Login to post