GoKunming Forums

Rugby World Cup

Nicarlos (7 posts) • 0

Ok fellas Ive found a spot.

After a few weeks searching round for different options I finally found a place. Its a live feed through STAR SPORTS at the Grand hotel Kunming 君乐 near the green lake. (The one with the UFO on top opposite the library). Its on the 21st floor bar looking over the green lake. Its pretty bloody plush to be honest. 25 kuai for a qingdao, not the cheapest, but it is a five star hotel.

So dont be cheap boys come over for a beer or a lemon water if your supporting Australia and be there for the opening game NZ v Tonga. This Friday 4.30 kick off.

(PS. Other hotels may have the same feed but none that I have found yet with public watering holes and centre city).

kunming tiger (28 posts) • 0

Hi,

I've checked Nicarlos info and it's correct in every detail.

Opening ceremony starts at 3:30 pm and the match itself starts at 4:25pm

There are two screens up there enough seating for around 20 people although you could re arrange seating somewhat for a larger crowd.

william15 (12 posts) • 0

AWESOME !!!
well, i work this friday, but if they show the whole world cup,
i know where i'm going to spend most of my afternoons this next two months :)
Are they gonna show all the games ??

thanks william

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Did any of you guys go and watch the game? I happened to be going past a bar which had Star Sport, so went in and flicked over. No rugby though, in fact they weren't even showing sport, though the cable box said it was Star Sport.

Vexing

Merzei (101 posts) • 0

Shit Debaser are you sure? Good find.

I wish I caught yesterday's upset when Ireland beat Australia.
And I hope a few people are keen to come and see the big game next week (at Grand Park or Samoana): NZ vs France

Related forum threads

Login to post