GoKunming Forums

Middle-Eastern restaurants?

somenick (107 posts) • 0

I'm also interested.
John, could you give us more info about this restaurant, an exact address would be helpful :p

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Bring plenty of money. The whole complex isn't exactly cheap. Finding it is -as debaser said- pretty easy. 6 floors and giant "Dubai Club" signs around the place. If you are going by bus you can take 61 to the last stop and from there go to Lin yu lu (5 minutes), turn right and you are there.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Easy to find and it is expensive. I have been there about 10 times as it seems popular with several Chinese friends. Latest was in the last month.

Do not expect to find much middle eastern dishes. When I asked about middle eastern food, I was told it was not that of restaurant. They may have some Hui style food.

Closest to what your looking for maybe the Uyghur place on Bai Yun Dong.

ShangrilaBelly (16 posts) • 0

Thanks guys! I will check out Dubai Club..is there any entertainment there?

Hi Geezer: what is the Uyghur place restaurant called and is it a real restaurant or just a walk-in type of food place? and is there entertainment there? like any Uyghur performances?

Bai Yun Dong...what is the intersection?

So Dubai Club is the only Middle-Eastern restaurant in Kunming? Any other places with staged performances?

123go (145 posts) • 0

"Dubai Club" is one branch of "伊天园", they have several branches around kunming, each one has different cute name, like:Aladdin, Sinbad,dubai club, etc. The one on Jiaoling Rd. is the oldest and smallest branch, price is acceptable. My favorite dish is the "xiaodao duck小刀鸭",different from"片皮鸭",more ,delicious, give a try.

Related forum threads

Login to post