GoKunming Forums

Kunming International Clinic

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

If Charles Manson were to open a clinic here in kunming and it would fix my problem, that's fine with me too. As long as there is no pre-conditions. :-)))))))))))

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

You're really amazing magnifico. I just can't believe you would complain about the clinic after everyone said it was the best care they have gotten in Kunming. I have used the clinic many times, and I have gotten nothing but excellent care.

We even called one of the doctors at 3am when our little boy was an infant with a super high fever. This doctor woke up, gave me advice, and then spoke to the doctor at a Chinese hospital for me. Then he made time for the next four days to see our child and give him an imported shot from America—he was worried about meningitis. Besides seeing him each morning for a shot, he called us every afternoon to check about him. This is quality care.

These doctors may be Christians, but you must remember that the American doctors gave up a six-figure salary in America to come give free health care to the poor of China. They are also willing to give excellent care to expats at what is still a very reasonable price.

For you to bad mouth these doctors who have given up very prestigious life and job in their home country to serve the poor of China is bush league.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I didn't exactly bad mouth the doctors. They may be excellent doctors — and from the above posts it would appear to be the case. And if you're going for medical care, then you want good doctors. Their religious beliefs shouldn't really be of any concern.

The only point I was trying to make is that the charitable part does not hook me in as a selling point. I'm not going to make the decision to go to the clinic because they help the poor. Why? I mentioned the Catholic Church already. Take a look at this link for another Christian group. They hardly come across as people who desperately NEED my money to give to the poor.

In fact, I could venture to make the argument that people need to STOP putting money into CERTAIN Christian organizations' pockets —— UNTIL UNTIL UNTIL they show that they can handle the funds ethically and that a reasonable amount is actually going to those in need. But I'm not going to bother, because that's a book. And you're gonna have to buy my book — or download the torrent in China.

And yes, I know I'm amazing. But I love to hear people tell me.

www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/budget/

The LDS Church refuses to disclose its financial information except for in countries where it is legally required to do so, such as Great Britain (though most other churches have no issue opening their books so that their members, and the public, can see what they're doing with their money). But it is estimated that the LDS Church is worth $80 to $100 billion (yes, that's Billion with a 'B').

The LDS Church owns 928,000 acres in North America, is the largest ranch land owner in Wyoming...

They own enormous properties in Hawaii including a Marriott hotel franchise in Hawaii...

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

The doctors in the clinic offer their services voluntarily, and to all. If they were only making themselves available to Christians in Kunming or if they were pocketing profit, it would be quite different. Whatever their motivations, I'm glad they are around and being so helpful.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Christ almighty do I miss being home, where a hospital is a hospital. Only in China, the Bible Belt of the East, does a conversation about a clinic become inextricably linked to the Virgin Mary.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

It sounds like this clinic provides great western care, has English speaking doctors, and sees everyone regardless of religious preference. I am going to count this as a big plus for Kunming.

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

I am a non practicing catholic, I became one because it was a family tradition. I do realize some evil things had been done in the name of Christianity and child abuses and subsequent cover-ups ... etc were done not in the name of god but the trust and the abuses of that trust. However, I do think Mother Teresa is a "Saint". That reminds me the thing called "Individual !" That is important.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

What a wonderful relief to hear that western people can actually go to a doctor who understands us, and maybe even listens to our symptoms. Magnifico you must not be from USA or have not payed attention as many of the most highly rated hospitals were either started by a charitable organization or by the church. The world renown Mayo Clinic which has treated world leaders from many countries without regard to religion, two affiliated hospitals are Methodist and the oldest is St. Marys which is still run by an order of Sisters. Many of the church related hospitals have been gobbled up by large health related organizations and many people bemoan the fact that before no one regardless of religion, rich or poor were ever refused treatment.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

@tallamerican
You're right that a doctor who listens, understands and asks relevant questions makes a world of difference. The medicines may end up the same, but the diagnosis and care (and willingness to admit to not knowing the answer to something immediately) make you feel you are being properly treated. I speak as someone who has visited Chinese hospitals/doctors on dozens of occasions and frequently left feeling disappointed and dubious.

Related forum threads

Login to post