GoKunming Forums

Kunming International Clinic

LaoWhy? (1 post) • 0

@Magnifico. I have no connection with the KM In'tl Clinic but have known a few of the fine Chinese and expat workers there in the past. It is neither Catholic nor Mormon, in fact, is non-sectarian, and is indeed non-profit—registered as such with the PRC gov, so it is audited, no one is making a profit. And needy Chinese who cannot pay do receive care. The workers (who are from China, other Asian countries and other countries outside of Asia) work closely with many Chinese clinics and medical workers in Kunming and elsewhere in Yunnan, so there is no assumptions of Western superiority. Just plenty of sick and injured people out there in need of care, some of whom don't speak or read Chinese well.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

I am not sure as I have not been there yet. Not sure I will. I recall using the old Richland clinic and lost faith there when they told my Chinese wife that her stomach pains may be caused by too much sex (referring to me and the insatiable sexual appetite all us foreign devils possess when it come to Chinese women). We never went back. If it is in China I doubt the treatment there is anymore genuinely Western than an American breakfast at anywhere in KM is genuinely American. There is no way that place is not run by Chinese administrators and that those few Western doctors and nurses do not fanswer to them.

I would be willing to try it out and hopefully eat crow and come back here and apologize, but it pretty far away and when I am really sick I do not feel like basically traveling to a hospital where the results are going to be iffy at best. I guess I have to stick to the local hospital with the huge posters of hemorrhoid ravaged anuses in the chairless waiting room.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Would be surprising if it were not run by Chinese administrators, here in China.
How's the 'local' hospital, besides the posters, and what do you mean by 'local' hospital?

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I have used both Richland and KIC in the past. In my opinion, no comparison - KIC is much more reliable and "western". Richland is a full-blown hospital, and KIC is a clinic but, from my experience, I would highly recommend KIC and express caution about Richland.

clinic (2 posts) • 0

If you want to see a pediatrician, you can visit Sanford International Clinic which is a collaborative pediatric clinic between Chinese Calmette International hospital and American Sanford Health group. It is located in Beijing road 1228.

clinic (2 posts) • 0

Calmette International hospital is next to Richard international hospital, but bigger than the later. It has 1000 beds, many international pts visit there.

Related forum threads

Login to post