GoKunming Forums

Advice on allergies - please help!

dtedheshidtedheshi (46 posts) • 0

5 years I've been suffering from Fall allergies In Kunming... but, strangely, none this year because I changed 2 things in my normal routine....well, maybe. I started running more often and stopped drinking beer. Honestly, I was desperate the itching and sneezing was so bad. Sobriety and increased intake of the offending allergen did the trick. Weird. Dang, I miss beer!!

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

I think it's called allergen immunotherapy if you got a rough case of symptoms. But I heard it doesn't work for everybody. Also allergy severity, matters.
I think I got it as a kid, but don't remember the details.

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

Definitely check one of the higher-end clinics or hospitals that is specialized on allergy treatment and research.
I know that there is one highly specialized place in town (it's a "military" one), but don't remember where or the name. I went there as I had problems too.

dtedheshidtedheshi (46 posts) • 0

I can't explain it. Like I said: weird. I tried hiding in my apt and reducing exercise to reduce exposure to no avail. So I tried the opposite and I'm worlds better. Go figure...

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I have been using TCM with very positive results over the last 10 years. In the last few years I got a new doctor here in Kunming and his slightly different prescription is even better. If anyone wants his phone number let me know. Make sure you have a chinese speaker with you when you go see him.

Related forum threads

Login to post