GoKunming Forums

Help with marriage visas for foreign countries

lil_farmer (14 posts) • 0

Just thought there might be people out there who have found Mr or Mrs right in the form of a local Chinese resident and are wondering the best way to start the process of getting a visa for their partner to go to their home country.

I have been through this process and would hugely recommend the agent I used to do this. marriagevisahelp.com - they were professional from start to finish and took a huge amount of the stress out of the process.

they also recently helped us get a travel visa for us to return to my home country for xmas.

it does cost to get an agent, but i think its definitely worth it. i think it certainly makes the difference between rejection and acceptance of an application.

hit me back if you want to know more about this, having been through it for two different visa types I could give some advice. alternatively contact the agents I mentioned above.

put it this way, I was happy enough with their service to post this!

taejonwill (38 posts) • 0

I got married to a foreign women and the immigration department wanted $50,000 bail, in case she fled once she set foot in America. A friend of mine who was in the process of marrying a man from Pakistan at the same time I was going through this process of getting married warned me this was going to happen. Nevertheless, it created great unhappiness with my parents who refused to pay the fee. If a broker could have gotten this straightened out, it would have been worth the time and money.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

I checked it out for my country the other day. We have some of the stricter rules in Denmark though. The "bail" is around 70.000 kuai but the case handling has to take place in Denmark so the embassy people told me better to hand all the necesary stuff in at least 6 months in advance. There are some things you can't around to get a Schengen visa. I wonder how much an agency takes and what exactly they give you for the money. Lil Farmer?

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

Apparently that company does not do visas for foreign spouses of US citizens. Anyone can recommend a service that does? Or just offer your experienced perspective?

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

Canada doesn't require bail money. One simply signs a sponsorship of immigration form, etc., that commits you to three years of financial responsibility, etc., for your spouse. If s/he flees, one is supposed to inform the authorities - some do, some don't. Like most developed countries, Canada is full of illegal immigrants.

The world of immigration brokers is extremely tenuous, and your embassy may help you there ... but not the Canadian embassy.

Certainly, a recommendation, like the one above, is most valuable.

lil_farmer (14 posts) • 0

Danmairen - to help with your questions above, it costs around 6000-7000RMB I think, but depends how strong your case is to as to whether they'll take you on or not. they work on no win no fee i think, so they won't take cases that are too difficult. they basically organise everything for you, nothing like obtaining 'other' papers that you don't have or anything, only helping prepare all the information, letters etc. to make your case as strong as possible. but very reliable and very good.

i'm surprised they don't do the US as they're based in New York, but maybe its just too hard to get in, i don't know.

if you need more info try contacting Philip on their company email - info@marriagevisahelp.com

Related forum threads

Login to post