GoKunming Forums

Demolition of 15 Apartment Buildings

rejected_goods (349 posts) • -1

if one really understands property development, one would have realized that most apartment of best views are pre-allocated, with no or minimal outlay, to some mandarins who has the power to make or break a development. hahahha, flatting those high rises would remove evidence of those questionable deals and would save life too. hahhahaha

DasIstAoWPhOL (15 posts) • +1

@livinginchina, ya, those "ghost town" was stories mostly before 2010 that era, i remember i have read an article about it, some journalist payed a visit to a list of ghost towns, things changed rather quick laterly.

DasIstAoWPhOL (15 posts) • +1

@livinginchina, ya, those "ghost town" was stories mostly before 2010 that era, i remember i have read an article about it, some journalist payed a visit to a list of ghost towns, things changed rather quick laterly.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

Our own Chenggong district was listed as ghost town once. I don't think that it qualifies as such anymore.

In many cities with ghost developments, the improvement has been orchestrated by moving better schools and other middle-class attractions to them, which families with money have followed.

I bet the continuation of this story runs tangential to recent education and child raising reforms, not just financial foes of developers.

DasIstAoWPhOL (15 posts) • -1

@livinginchina yes, they are filled with new residents. the most famous ghost town in erdos for example. if you visit today. it is just a normal community with all lives there.

sezuwupom (44 posts) • +2

@DAWP Without including the ubiquitous, empty apartments that have closed escrow yet collecting dust, there are approximately 3,000,000,000 square meters of unsold housing inventory existing across China.

That equates to apartment vacancies that could house ~90 million "ghost" residents. Assuming there are three friendly ghosts haunting each household.

The result of speculative building/buying decades in the making.

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

There ARE plenty of ghost towns. As mentioned by @Sezuwupom. The longer they stay vacant the higher the chances of these massive Hi-rises will rot. With heavy rains/snow and the like, I would prefer to buy a second condo that is already finished and operational 100%.

Related forum threads

Login to post