GoKunming Forums

Safe to fly back via Bangkok?

zhl123 (10 posts) • 0

My friend is leaving China. He can have ticket with one day transfer in Bangkok. Then flying to Ireland. Has anyone any recent experience of Bangkok airport?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I was reading Thai news yesterday.

Airlines are cancelling flights like crazy down there, so even with a reservation there is no guarantee the flight would go ahead.

DanDare (141 posts) • 0

Things in China are changing almost daily at the moment. Airports are affected. Outbound flights may be affected. Things in Thailand could be changing rapidly too.

Marielle Smedsrud (3 posts) • 0

We flew back from Thailand via Bangkok. Tours to Thailand are already open. It's just that many companies are unable to provide them.

fidelitykurz (1 post) • 0

I've flown through Bangkok quite often and never had any problems. I usually spent no more than 2 hours there. But now I try to buy tickets without extra connections, as I have no time. So I started flying on private planes more often. Some people think it's expensive, but you can always ask how much it costs to fly on a private flight. I think paying a little more and gaining a few extra hours is better. It is especially convenient to travel by private plane within the country.

Related forum threads

Login to post