GoKunming Forums

Visa-Overstay Amnesty

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

"extended every month" is not exactly the right choice of words.

I have one of those.

The correct wording would be "replaced every month with another".

I hope your friend has enough pages in his passport.

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • 0

Don't shoot the messenger! I just share his experience and wording for whoever needs to see this. Passport pages could become a problem if the second wave of COVID-19 gets bad; if not, it should be alright.

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

DUd you had a 6 months overstay, balls of iron ! I'm going to reapply for my Visa on the actual day of expiration and I'm already shittin myself...

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

Geogramatt, that's a terrible idea at the moment. Might work during normal times but now there is heightened scrutiny. Once inside those countries you would be detained, tested, quarantined and then deported. Perhaps back to your home country.

duke is me (64 posts) • 0

Having overstayed my visa for 13 months, and allowing my passport to expire, the authorities have decided it is soon time for me to leave..
I am not required to pay the 10,000 yuan penalty fine, or go to a jail..
I am supposed to be sent to the country which issued my passport..

This is what I know for now; 1 Nov.

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

@duke is me

Are there flights to the country that issued your passport?

What happens if there aren't?

Are you supposed to pay for your ticket yourself?

China is paying for the flight, but won't accept that I am returning to Europe, where I lived for 15 years before coming here..
It is a US passport; are there flights there? I don't know.. Never imagined being there again, even in transit..

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@duke
I'm basically reading that you are being deported.

Will they allow you to come back when the virus issue is over or are you now blacklisted?

@AlPage 48

I won't be allowed back.. It was a big mistake, leaving a house at the beach in Europe for a Chinese lady and adventure.. An interesting place to visit, though..

Related forum threads

Login to post