GoKunming Forums

Dungeons and Dragons

ray6228 (2 posts) • 0

I saw in a "Board Games" discussion a few weeks back that there were some DM's in the area who do regular sessions. I'm a player with some experience in TRPGs (Gloomhaven) who is trying to break into the world of DnD. Does anyone know if those groups are still active? If so, is there space for a new player (or just space alongside the table to watch and get a feel for the flow of the game)?

I've procured the Player's Guide, Monster Manual, Starter Set, and DM's Guide (5e), and have been watching videos regarding rules, so I hope to not be too much of a burden as I get a feel for how things work! If anyone has any information they can add my WeChat: michaelray6228

Mario007 (42 posts) • 0

Hey man, I'll be moving to Kunming soon but will definitely be up for some DnD when I get there. Would be really interested in joining some games.

coastalfire (28 posts) • 0

This is still a thing... There are at least two regular groups going, maybe more. The DM in my group is one of the pillars of the D&D community here so I will ask him if he is willing to be put in touch with you on Wechat.
Another possibility would be to go to Barfly and ask the owners there to be put in touch with people who play D&D, they will know.

Mario007 (42 posts) • 0

So since Covid-19 happened and all, are there any groups playing D&D in Kunming or any other tabletop games? I'm quite into Fiasco myself, but havent really met a lot of people that play in China.

Related forum threads

Login to post