GoKunming Forums

Where can I buy 35 mm film here?

Victor.S. (3 posts) • 0

Ocean, thanks, but I’ve already tried to visit a flea market from a x-years related ago topic on this website and there is no flea market now. So I want to get a fresh info.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

The standard answer to “where can I buy” applies here as well. On Taobao, Tmall and JD.com
PS: stop buying this outdated and polluting material. Digital nowadays beats film. Cheaper and better for the environment and it saves money.

Victor.S. (3 posts) • 0

Lemon lover, I know about Taobao. I wanted to know about a real place where I can come and see all the products.
P. S. It’s up to everybody to choose the way he/she wants to take photos. Don’t say such silly things. Every real film photo lover saves film and there’s nothing to throw away. In addition, don’t care about anybody’s money.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Actually 'real' film is different from digital. Why do you think people still by Polaroid cameras? Ghost hunters like to take snapshots from their Polaroid cameras.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Nothing wrong with film at all. Good luck finding it, but shouldn't be too hard.
Digital is digital.
And film is flim.

Either is 100% ok....period.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +3

Well once upon a time I used to be a photographer and have used thousands of rolls of film and in the process have created a lot of pollution. I don’t blame myself for that; it was normal at the time and we didn’t know better. At this day and age one can no longer say so.
If you still think film is better then you are or a snob or ill informed and if you use Polaroid then you probably indeed are a ghost hunter.
Polaroid went bankrupt last in 2009 and all instant picture cameras since where digital with a small printer inside. There are still some Polaroid original’s which come with the warning: “This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene and Benzene, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. This product can expose you to chemicals including Titanium Dioxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.”
Yes you can still use some Polaroid camera’s with film made by third party producers (One called Impossible who simply copied the process) or use Fuji Instax film with cameras made for that format.

The name Polaroid is still around but they sell digital cameras.
The good thing with all these original instant cameras (instead of cameras with a build in printer) is that the resulting pictures are bleaching away in a couple of years so the embarrassing low quality will be erased from history over time.
“Real” film lovers probably use typewriters as well instead of a word processor and an abacus instead of a spreadsheet which is fine to me apart from the fact that film is polluting the environment for all of us. Thus not 100% Ok…. Period.

Related forum threads

Login to post