GoKunming Forums

Youtube Alternative without VPN

herenow (357 posts) • +2

That newspaper is seen as particularly problematic by national authorities -- check their Wikipedia page. Whatever your opinion on the underlying merits, it's probably best not to post links to their site here. The story was covered by multiple other outlets that could have been linked to instead.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • -1

Good point Here now. It also prints articles with titles like President Trump build that wall and Why we should embrace Trump's nationalism. And how government welfare is a slippery slope to hell etc etc.

I hear it's also not too keen on gays and has a problem with the theory of evolution. But hey, each to their own.

dolphin (509 posts) • +3

am i going to spend the rest of my life talking and reading about air pollution and vpns? i am sick of china and getting out.

Will you promise not to post on GoKunming after you've left?

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

The VPN thing is annoying, but I wouldn't leave a country just to access youtube without a VPN - strikes me as an odd priority, as are a lot of Internet obsessions. I imagine that Dolphin's objections run deeper, although we don't need to hear them here.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Ishmael
I agree unless you have a business that must access the outside world without restrictions.

Related forum threads

Login to post