GoKunming Forums

Finding American Doctor

Msraza (9 posts) • 0

Hi friends , I'm jack I'm looking an american doctor if available in Kunming . I need to consult something. Kindly contact me .

Wechat

teacher-143

Msraza (9 posts) • 0

Weakness in my body .
I mean

Ineed some energy provide medicine , proteins or vitamins . There are a lot of products available but Idont know which one me should use .
I need energy in my all body

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Sounds like a Chinese complaint ;-)
Go to any Chinese clinic and they will give you a glucose drip and you are full of energy again..........

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

In your particular case

I think the aproaches you would get with western vs. TCM

are kind of reversed.

The main difference that is often described is that TCM attempts to cure the body as whole while western medicine is blamed for only adressing symptoms.

As lemon lover said, going to Chinese clinic would solve the immediate symptoms with glucose drip replenishning your energy.

In western hospital, I would expect you to be sent to tests to find out why your body does not have sufficient energy to begin with.

alienew (422 posts) • +1

Msraza, the state hospitals, Kunming #1 & #2, dispense 'western' medicine, as do many others in Kunming, and the doctors there are trained in 'western' medicine. Glucose drips are 'western medicine', although perhaps they are used by Chinese medicinal practitioners as well.

TCM is also practiced in many hospitals, and exclusively in a few.
I don't think that a doctor with a specifically American passport will make much difference.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I would be so bold as to suggest that the major local hospitals would be a better bet, than trying to find an American staffed clinic.

As stated, the major hospitals predominantly dispense western medicines..
Reasons to go to a local hospital include:
Hospital no a clinic.
Chinese doctor knowing more about the drugs market in China, what is available, etc.
Probably cheaper consultation and drugs.
Chinese doctor will have a better idea of chronic conditions, including parasites, that are present in the city.
Chinese doctor having a better idea of the tests available for medical problems, and those tests will be done in a big hospital on the same day.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Western and TCM medicines don’t provide energy other then the mentioned glucose drips.
A “weakness in the body” alone is not indication of what is bothering you and it can be caused by many factors. And then there is the point of the condition being temporary or chronic.

(After a night of heavy drinking many people feel weakness in the body but that goes over soon).
Chronic weakness can be caused by many factors ranging from poor diet to limited absorption of needed nutrients (for instance iron absorption) or even food allergies. For this a proper tests are needed. Weakness can be psychosomatic as well, for instance caused by mental exhaustion or lack of proper sleep.

Anyway it is not something easily be solved on a forum such as this. The problem with most Chinese hospitals is that everything goes in a hurry and they simply prescribe you a glucose drip (Which by the way is a very bad practise).
Find a doctor (Not necessarily American) who has a proper talk with you and if needed does the proper tests. If they just prescribe a glucose drip then walk away because this is just symptom treatment and not proper medical practise.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If you are new to Kunming, the problem of weakness may be caused by, or made worse by, the altitude here. It is about 1900m/6000ft above sea level. It may take you two weeks to fully adjust, depending on your fitness level.

Related forum threads

Login to post