GoKunming Forums

The Ice Boy

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@Dazzer
Sunzi (sorta). Always have multiple escape aka backup plans and strategies. They can unilaterally increase tuition or come up with other fake hidden and arbitrary "mandatory" fees. I can change schools and report unpleasant things to the provincial education department.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

Let's start by sorting this little kids hands out and arranging some winter wear (sound of birds tweeting)..........

alienew (422 posts) • +1

OK vicar, but, thanks to all the publicity, I imagine his hands are well sorted by now, so I think this example of affairs should lead to understanding of a larger context - what about all the others? Probably not very efficient to deal with them one at a time, as they appear in the news (most, of course, never will).
@michael: Understand your concern but in fact I don't think this happens much - real problem is at a higher level.
Meanwhile, there is a bandaid effort made by some here which involves foreigners, I can connect you.

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

here is a scenario:

what if you donate your personal resources to give this boy a good education and then he becomes a corrupt real estate tycoon later in life? oops...

my opinion is that people re-incarnate and have many lives and

being born into poverty is one way the gods mete out punishment to people for negative actions in previous lifetimes.

doesn't mean we shouldn't be helping people. but it's more complex than just handing out money to everybody.

the article states xi will end poverty by 2020.

here is another scenario: the govt deposits a million dollars into everyone's bank account tomorrow morning. will this solve all the world's problems? no. one guy will invest it and get richer, another guy will gamble and blow all his money. and one-upmanship will be alive and well, so every office will be like Game of Thrones as people battle for power and prestige.

blah blah ... entire books are needed to discuss this topic.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Also, if govt deposits million dollars into everyone's bank account, fact is that sudden inflation will make the million dollars worth quarter of it in matter of hours, and worth toilet paper in a week.

Though some parts in rural China are still developing one toilet at a time, so perhaps that's what they need more.

alienew (422 posts) • 0

@dolphin: "invest it and get richer" - something wrong here, seems to me you ought to obtain money from work.
Anyway, perhaps a straight common starting line in whatever kind of race you want to participate in might be a good idea - never mind about the previous lifetimes, or your rich daddy.

dolphin (509 posts) • -2

speaking of toilets. there is a solid gold toilet somewhere in china worth over 1 million yuan.

just caught parts of robin hood with russell crowe ... "a castle for each man ..... / no man should own 5000 acres."

the ancient greek philosopher diogenes lived in a barrel. :-)

Related forum threads

Login to post