GoKunming Forums

Weibo users

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

So maybe expect it to be similar for Wechat in December?

Anyway, not being part of some dodgy group plotting revolution or revenge neither in China or West, well, is it such a big deal anyway? Sure, if you are a bad guy it may look scary. Those of us who favour social stability are even okay with the cctv cameras on the streets.

China certainly dont want to see their country becoming similar mess as in out West, were we got the mad folks burning molotovs on streets and accusing everyone of homophobia, racism, "patricarchy", striving for chaos, no law, open borders, accusing their president in mainstream news with made up stories, and god knows what all next the lunatics have in mind.

So maybe this is all good.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

It is a big deal as so much of what people like to do on the net relies on their being able to stay anonymous (avatar based). I think this very forum wouldn't be the same if the owners suddenly said we had to reveal our identities. Which also at the same time is showing all your previous content by you, that you thought was anonymous (avatar based), being shown to be by you.

I agree with the article when it says it would end weibo. Don't use myself though, so who cares lol

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

Is USA such a bad place that anyone born there with all the liberal traditions, arts, science and economic wealth in general, that you should start to plot against your country and try to destroy it.

If you are born in those circumstances, yes, in general, you should be patriotic, responsible and support your state.

Related forum threads

Login to post