GoKunming Forums

China Eastern again

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

@fixitwithahammer
I'm very sorry that you were subjected to such poor service, especially with a baby in tow.

Whenever you deal with front office staff and they become negligent, abusive, or just are NOT doing anything related to customer service, escalate things immediately to a supervisor, and keep going up the chain until you get things done.

You can also threaten to call the police (and don't be afraid to do it), for theft, fraud, etc. In this case, you'll need to have the airport police come out, then request the formal police come out, so you can file a fraud and theft report. Although nothing will come of it - filing a police report against staff is still a serious issue and will cause the front office staff serious problems with their management all the way to the top.

NOW it will be their problem. Remember to save up this trick if the supervisor also is reticent to help resolve the problem.

Make sure you document EVERYTHING legally, including names of the front desk staff, the supervisor, the time, etc. You will need this information for the police report.

This will give you something better to do with your time, than trying to negotiate with negligent, poorly trained staff and it will give you the satisfaction of knowing that you are a very courteous person - you can also shovel hot potatoes around.

In all things - remember to be polite, patient, firm, and matter of fact about regretting the need to file a police report.

The police report is necessary for filing a civil fraud claim against the airline, when you return home. It will include dates, times, names and is an official document (don't forget to get the police report number).

Most front desk staff think customers are powerless, but we're not - you just have to know how to empower yourself, and be prepared to use that hammer. Since they're obviously lying to you - you can also make up stories scary stories about what happens to front office staff when they fraudulently misrepresent transactions that cost money (fired, jail, and the follow-on civil suits for compensation, which they'll now be solely responsible for repaying, as they've been fired, which will also add weight to your civil and criminal case against the airline.

This is just for future reference - as you NEVER know who CE has a code share agreement with...so know your rights and how to be an utter stench.

If you're elderly - you can also do the "grab your heart" thing - for maximum melodrama - maybe even get the media to show up - they love a scandal.

Just make sure you're absolutely in the legal right, read your ticketing information legalese carefully.

Also - make sure you have the corporate office's number, as they need to know that a huge stink is coming their way, with that police report.

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

today is China Southern Airline's turn,
hahahah

abcnews.go.com/[...]

I guess, it could most likely be the captain's fault during a standard push back. the captain might have misunderstood the communication and release the brake before the tug controller and marshaller signal to do so. hahahhaha

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

CEA has caught a lot of bad publicity with this post.
michael2015 pins down on how to fight awful customer service. Alas, when you are trying to be direct with them, cultural and language problems arise.

It could be time that GoKM writes to them so that they draw attention to this thread and let us know their point of view!

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Yeah right!, maybe China Eastern will refund customers for their screw ups. I'm out aprox 12000 rmb...

i'll keep bashing

rejected_goods (349 posts) • +1

I wouldn't dream of CEA doing anything to compensate nor would I think the airport police helpful.

the only way to protect yourself is paid your CEA ticket with a credit card issued in an advanced economy with high level consumer protection. if anything happens, i would just do the travel and let the card issuer negotiating with CEA. some card even have global concierge speaking local tongue to help. in fact, most airlines even the budget airlines outside china would bend over backward to help. last month, I travelled from Sydney to Singapore on Scoot, a budget airline. the trip cost me AUD235. the flight was delayed for 5 hours. the airline gave AUD 10 for food and a SGD 50 electronic voucher towards next booking. I don't think CEA would match that. by the way CEA ticket is not cheap either.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

And another one! www.smh.com.au/[...] reports MU777 landing at Sydney today had issues with turbulence. We were on that plane on Saturday!

Seven people have been taken to hospital after a flight hit turbulence as it landed at Sydney Airport on Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency crews were called to the airport at 2.40pm.

"Before the landing there was terrible turbulence, and some passengers [were] without their seatbelt and their head hitting the top of the aeroplane," he told Seven News. "You [could] see the cabin was broken. It was terrible."

A spokesman for NSW Ambulance said three patients were treated for neck pain, one for back pain, one for a laceration to their jaw, another for a wrist injury, and one for a minor head injury.

Two were taken to Prince of Wales Hospital, two to St George Hospital and three to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Passengers not wearing seat belts prior to landing; that's cabin crew not doing their job.

Every airline I ever flew with have a zero tolerance toward any passenger not doing as they're told.

Related forum threads

Login to post