GoKunming Forums

New flight to link Kunming to San Francisco

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

@Napoleon, that's a good point. I doubt a non-stop from Kunming to the US would be anywhere near a full flight. In which case, they may run for a few months, then realize they're losing money, and cancel the flight anyways.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Gosh! Are you guys saying there are not international travelers to and from this Southwest China international portal with a magnificent international airport?

I thought the dream was; if you build the airfield, they will come.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

If they give me a day layover in Qingdao so I can get some shrimp wasabi and a bag of draft beer, then I'm all for it. The beer will help anyone with an eight hour China Eastern flight. Funny enough, Qingdao reminds me a bit of SF. Didn't know they eliminated Kunming Paris. I think this route has a chance of sticking around. Where was the stop in Kunming Paris by the way?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Cargo ships used to have one or two comfortable, even luxury, cabins for fare paying passengers.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

Kunming-Paris is definitely non stop, it only takes 10 hours... we took it in the summer last year. Given that they've just opened a LOT more European visa support facilities here in Kunming, I seriously doubt the flights have stopped, but you could verify by calling China Eastern.

Kunming to SF would take a lot longer than the Europe flights ... plus visa is more hassle and there's no physical office for getting them in Kunming AFAIK. Europe rocks!

Related forum threads

Login to post