GoKunming Forums

Kunming international clinic

Shoei (78 posts) • 0

i find it stupid to have a policy of making a appointment first to be able to see a doctor.

sorry its my first time but what ticks me off when i saw the patients list its one patient per doctor per hour?

i already ask the front desk person maybe she can accomodate me since i took a leave from work and im having a hard time breathing due to phlegm worst is if i cough im totally gasping for air.

only to get an answer im sorry nothing i can do pls come back again.

john-doe1983 (70 posts) • 0

That's the rules they have in place and I am sure they have them for a reason, did you try going to a different hospital?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

My guess is that since the clinic is more a charity rather than for profit hospital, its resources, mainly doctor consultation working hours, are limited, and thus require appointments. Many not for profit clinics in the USA are appointment only also.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I would not be surprised if this is a regulation that they must follow, as a non-native enterprise or at the behest of someone in authority.

JTeic (5 posts) • 0

I'm pretty sure they don't claim to offer emergency room or "urgent care" services (regulations and other gov restrictions prevent this), and from my own personal experience, generally they charge a fraction of what Chinese hospitals charge. Also, they usually have appointments next day and sometimes same day. Did you ask?

That said, if it's truly an emergency (sounds like you might have pneumonia or similar), then go to a local Chinese hospital or fly to HK. Here in Kunming, the Int'l Clinic seems to be trying their best within the restrictions placed on them. It probably doesn't help to complain about something they don't have any control over unless you're sending a note directly to the Kunming Mayor or Yunnan Governor and complain that foreign doctors are too restricted in China.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Try going to a hospital where there are no appointments... often chaotic and no privacy at all. Nice that Kunming is adopting a more civil way of doing things. However if you get sick and need help that day then maybe this isn't the place for you, unless you get lucky and appointments are open.

"if it's truly an emergency, then go to a local Chinese hospital or fly to HK... ummm, really? The guy is having trouble breathing and you advise him to get on a 3 hour plane to HK? OP, just go to a local hospital if the clinic refuses you.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I had had some lung infection for about 10 days, not quite gasping, but coughing, weakness & felt like fainting; went to hospital nr where I live (private); got examination, chest X-ray and antibiotics (I specifically asked for antibiotics when I went to the hospital, did not want to get involved with some TCM treatment I didn't understand) within about 50 minutes. Don't remember total price, but I think it was in the neighborhood of maybe 3-400 rmb.
Took antibiotics for a week or so, I was fine.

Related forum threads

Login to post