GoKunming Forums

10 year visa updates?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Oh. I wish they would make it easier once you have been here for 5 years.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

It would be nice to give long timers an easier way, so I may just get the 10yr visa but will have to leave every 60 days.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

JW Marriott in Admiralty has a nice tea time buffet. All you can eat Haggen Daaz was available last time. Ebeneezer in WangChai makes good lamb wraps and salads, fast food dining. Best biranyi and paratha in Chunking Mansion in TsimShaTsui. Be warned place looks dodgy, but it's safe.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

At 60days, you might as well see what amount of 1v1 classes you can sign up for at Keats and get a student visa. The visa runs costs for every 58days (actual) a year might end up same as tuition plus student visa. You'd get the bonus Chinese lessons and student visas are six months stay or enter as you like. Visa runs get very tiring and old quickly every couple of months.

Yes, I have been thinking about that. I can always change it later but I'm not sure what the minimum number of hours of school per week is required.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@goldie122
Do you and your child and husband need to go together to HK to get a visa for each of you? You mention that you are going to open a restaurant. Isn't there a special 'business' visa that allows you to stay as long as you have the business here? I'm confused.

The business isn't quite ready yet and the visa expires in days. We each need to go and each get a visa.

How about the Hong Kong airport... what's the best way to get to the city. I haven't been there before and don't want to get scammed like I did in Kunming before.

Related forum threads

Login to post