GoKunming Forums

Stop buying animals you can't take care of.

Azulacea (6 posts) • 0

I see everyday on Gokunming people buying animals and then making posts trying to get rid of them.

Did you realise that those animals need atention, care, and time?

Or maybe, it seems like you guys don't remember that one day you will come back to your hometown or whatever reason.

An animal is not a fucking computer or a fucking Hongtashan.

Be consecuent.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Not convinced this is as big an issue amongst foreigners as you appear to be suggesting, certainly not an everyday occurrence. By far the biggest culprits in my experience are university students and the universities are at fault for allowing it to happen. GoKM readers are just the tip of the iceberg in relation to this problem; not even the tip, perhaps just a melting ice cube. And to be fair to GoKM readers, I reckon all of them could discern between an animal, a computer and a cigarette, if only because a PC and a cigarette can't engage in sexual intercourse, an act you suggest a PC and cigarette can undertake.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Agree. There is a definate trend in some foreigners coming here, getting pets to fill their own vacumous, petty lives, then handing them off.

They go down the pet market, get a pet on a whim, to post on WeChat, show off to their friends, give them some company. Then, six months, a year, two years later they'll try to fob them off to some other foreign idiot who will follow the pattern for the next stint in the animals life.

Unfortunately these people appear to outnumber those who will make the effort to get the pet back to their home country, next destination and offer a suitable life for the animal.

Unless you can make a lifetime commitment to the animal you buy, then leave it in the shop for a local pet owner.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

"By far the biggest culprits in my experience are university students and the universities are at fault for allowing it to happen. " Uni. can do something about that? how?

cynthia12 (3 posts) • 0

Hello
my name is Cynthia,i saw your profile at gokunming
today and i become interested to know more about you,
so here is my e mail address ( c.sambo1@hotmail.com )
just contact me back so that i will give you my picture
for you to know whom i am please don't forget that distance
or color does not mean any thing but love matters a lot,
( c.sambo1@hotmail.com )
Yours New Friend
Cynthia:)

vicar (817 posts) • 0

Keeping scavengers in tiny apartments for most of the day is bad enough in itself for both the beast and the person.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

I saved a cat from being run over by cars, took her in, vaccinated and fed her, treated her well. Then we had to giver her away, due to allergies and toxoplasmose.

We tried to find a good new master, and I think we succeeded.
So, what does it make me [us]?

Aren't some of the busters here, carnivores. I hope you made sure that you don't be to hypocrite. You know how meat production works here. Making statements like the one above.

Related forum threads

Login to post