GoKunming Forums

Which train station does the Shilin train leave from?

misseward (35 posts) • 0

Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice on trains to Shilin. I'm planning on going there for a day trip tomorrow, and I was just wondering which train station the Shilin trains leave from?

Also I've read on a few websites that the daily train leaves at 8.30, does anyone know if this is still right?

I'm sure you can all appreciate the inconsistencies of information on China travel websites... haha. Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers

Even (1 post) • 0

my hometown is shilin, I alwys back to my home, i think it's easy for you to take bus to there . you can take bus to Railway station the bus at the left side when you wanna buy tickects . you can go shilin .
railway is impossible at about 8"30 .

if you need help you can call me : 13987136420

Even

tanfei (25 posts) • 0

Hope I'm not too late on this post, but I went to Shilin ast Tuesday.

You can only take a bus TO Shilin. But the station has changed. You can no longer take a bus from the southern station. You need to take a bus or a taxi out East, to 东部 (dong1bu4). You can get on there and tickets are about 35RMB. On the way back I made a huge mistake by taking the train. TAKE THE BUS BACK! I bought a hard seat ticket but when I got on they had overbooked the train without telling me. I spent the whole time back standing or squatting on the floor.

Also: when you buy a ticket to Shilin at 东部 there are two choices: Shilin 县城 ( xian4cheng2, the city) and Shilin 景区(jing3qu1, the park).  Choose wisely.

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

Whoever said there are "no trains to Shilin anymore" is wrong. There are still trains to Shilin, 4 a day to be exact. It's a station on the main line to Naning and Guangzhou.
Here they are:
Train #7452 leaves Kunming 07:09, arrives Shilin 10:00
Train K984 leaves Kunming 11:30, arrives Shilin 13:25
Train K366 leaves Kunming 12:10, arrives Shilin 13:43
Train #2638 leaves Kunming 19:55, arrives Shilin 21:40
One thing to note though, the Shilin station is still a little ways away from both Shilin town and Shilin scenic area. You'll need to take a taxi from the train station.

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

@tigertiger
I do. So what? The information in the old post was wrong. I wanted to correct it. I've already had people pm me for more details, so it's obviously useful information.

Someone noticed that there are two Shilin stations: Shilin Station and Shilin South Station:

Shilin Station is a little closer to the park entrance, about 5 km. Copy and paste this link to see it in Google Maps:

maps.google.com/[...]

Shilin South Station is about 8 km from the park entrance:

maps.google.com/[...]

Related forum threads

Login to post