GoKunming Forums

Smogy Chrismas

stefjourdan (1 post) • 0

Nobody's talking about the pollution we had on Xmas day? ( reaching 174 in Dongfeng East Roadand ... and 319 in xishan forest park !!!!)

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Too right we were not discussing polution.

We were having Christmas dinners, enjoying time off and spending the day with friends or family.

We weren't checking pollution levels on Dongfeng Road and going into hysterics wanting to tell the world about it, for one day of the year that slipped our minds.

Excuse us.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Friend put on Wechat a Christmas photo of Dezhou. This is Shandong. Checked the aqi webpage, well PM10 and the 2.5 were swaying around 1000 for a day or two. 1000 was the limit in the measurement actually, who knows how high it was. The photo looked so gruesome, it wouldnt be a surprise if people ended up fainting along the streets or something like that.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

It's surprisingly easy to breathe in air at 800pmi. I did it no problems for half a day assuming it was fog. Only after I met my friend for dinner was I enlightened that fog was pollution. Of course, I'm pretty healthy. Anyone with respiratory problems probably suffers even inside.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Premature death as a result of air pollution? With a population the size of Kunming's, statistically, probably. Levels of 100+ aqi would cause serious concern in Europe. Here we have become a bit blasé about levels that high/low.

Related forum threads

Login to post