GoKunming Forums

Toilet Plunger

NavyVet (40 posts) • 0

So, after enjoying some delicious Mexican food last night I ended up clogging my toilet (pause for laughter).

I went to the local carrefour to look for a plunger but could not find one.

Anyone know of any places that sell toilet plungers in Kunming?

This is an urgent matter!

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

If it's blocked but the water level does go down after time, hold the flush in when the water is low and throw a bucket (It should be a lot of water) of hot water into the pan.

That'll work better than a plunger. If the water level is high and won't go down then you need a machine, not a plunger.

The pipes here are pretty crap.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I mean hold down the handle that flushes the toilet but gently and slowly push it down, the trick should be to get the handle all the way down without actually flushing the loo. Once the handle or button is all the way down, that's when you throw the hot water into the pan, maybe add a bit of bleach in there for good measure. You just want to open the trap, so the hot water can flush the pipes.

If the water is rising high when you flush the toilet, then after a few minutes sinking low, possibly lower than its normal level it means you have a block further down the pipe and a plunger probably isn't the answer.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Chinese western toilets are not as efficient as those in the west or in Japan.

Every time I have guests in my house the toilet gets clogged because they shit like a horse and then stuff the toilet with paper and try to get it all down with one single flush.

Try this simple 2-3 step process. No need for a plunger or pouring boiling water.

1 - Shit then flush - this also eliminates odor. Nothing like sitting on top of your own pile of crap while you are reading a magazine or smoking a nasty cig. Like my momma used to tell my brother - If you want to read, then go to a library!
2 - Wipe then flush
3 - repeat as needed.

When given the choice between conserving water or clogging the toilet I am all for using water.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

Some people think I'm crazy because I bring my own toilet with me when I rent (I reinstall the old crapper when I vacate).

To me nothing is more irritating than a turd that won't flush.

Related forum threads

Login to post