Richland International Hospital

Forums

Bus 919B - Ma Jie to Airport

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The 919 bus that goes to the airport has relocated to the corner of Kun Zhou Road + Hua Yuan Road - just 2 blocks from Ma Jie (West Bus Station).

13 Yuan for the bus ride - leaves every 20 minutes - takes over 1 hour to reach airport because it has many stops.

West Bus Station is located on the corner of Kun Zhou Road + Yi Ning Road.

www.kmbus.com.cn/

Note: Taxis going to the Airport are required to use the meter. The airport is NOT outside city limits so the taxis are required to use the meter. However, you must pay the 10 Yuan toll fee.

Taxi Complaint Hotline: 96108

If the taxi drivers say otherwise, record and report them.

AlexKMG (2361 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO. So taxis are actually willing to take you from the city to airport on meter now? Or is that just you spouting the law again? Cars, trucks, and ebikes are required not to run red lights inside the city limits. But that's not really happening either.

AlPage48 (1161 posts) • 0

A taxi driver want to charge me 200 RMB for the ride to the airport. My wife took out her cell phone to take a picture of his license. He used the meter!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

He used the meter because he knows he has to. Using the camera to take a picture works 90% of the time. The other 10% need a little more persuasion but it works every time. Its like playing poker, call their bluff and they will fold every time. I have never had to report a taxi in Kunming.

Unfortunately, nothing works in Cheng Gong or Anning, because they have pals in the taxi Bureau who cover for them.

AlexKMG (2361 posts) • 0

You realize any taxi driver from the city to airport is coming back empty. So on your 80 or so kuai meter ride they have to come back empty, lose another 10rmb on tolls, and another hour in operating loss, which if they stayed in the city and not have taken you to the airport, would be like 60rmb. Overall, they make like 10rmb for driving to the airport and back. Actually, they probably lose money as they rent the taxis and I forgot about petrol. But f'them, this is great news. I can get metered rides to the airport now just by pulling out my cellphone, turning on the camera, leaning over, and threatening to take a picture of their operating license. On second thought, I'll just take the plethora of airport buses available.

AlPage48 (1161 posts) • 0

Those that are licensed to pick up at the airport will do so. Those that aren't often just come back as far as the East bus station where the fare to the city is almost the same as from the airport.

AlexKMG (2361 posts) • 0

I didn't realize they went off the meter at the East coach station. Otherwise how can the fare from the airport to city be the same as East coach station to city?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Many people do not take the bus, just look at the taxi lane next time u go to the airport - the taxis are leaving one after another - they do NOT come back empty - that is just their excuse to cheat people.

AlPage48 (1161 posts) • 0

Alex
I didn't say it was the same - I said ALMOST the same. The difference was about 5 RMB, and when you're talking about a fare of over 70 that's not much difference.

Login to post Register to post