GoKunming Forums

Residence Permit - 2015 only

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Please post any information regarding the renewal of Residence Permit - Foreigner married to a Chinese citizen. Only for those who have completed this process since January 2015. Please do not post infor from 2014.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I'm going to Entry & Exit Bureau to put in the application in Monday morning.

The related medical check (as it was stated as requirement for 2 year permit before) was 472 RMB in January.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

If you have been married for five years and you live more than 90 days per year in China then apply for the ten year visa

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The 10 yr visa sounds appealing but it requires one to leave every 60 days. I know the 60 days can be extended but the cost of going and coming back is really not worth it. I travel often so I do not mind coming and going. The problem is one must come and go before the day the visa expires (Specific time) - very inconveneint and will get expensive in the long run.

Same for the 2 yr RP. The price for the 2 yr is 800 + 472 for the physical while a 1 yr is only 400.

I am talking about the ten year 'permanent residence' permit. It's for people who live in China. It's a card with no sticker in your passport.

To keep it active you need to spend at least 90 days in China a year. You can live in country without having to exit.

Apply where your wife's hukou is.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Thanks, I also know about this visa. By any chance, do you have this type. I know many have applied but I still do not know of a single person who has actually received it. I got a copy of these regs a few years back but never attemped it because all those who tried never got it.

I have three married to Chinese friends who have this ten year card. It's more common in other cities and more people are applying so the waiting time for processing in Beijing is at least one year.

I have two friends who got the ten year card through working in Kunming. This way of applying is more difficult as there is a requirement for the position, time served and for the company itself. I don't qualify yet so I don't have one.

If you have been married for five years to a Chinese then you qualify for the card.

Correct. I heard only one laowai got his visa through marriage last year and it took two years of processing. Where is your wife's Hukou?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

My wife is from Shandong but we recently purchased a home here in Kunming and she successfully moved her Hukou to Kunming in less than 30 days (fast process).

I heard about this Residence Card long ago and I went to the PSB office and got a complete copy of the regulations (14 pages) a few years back. However, I have NEVER heard of anyone getting this card in Kunming yet. Other cities, yes, but never in Kunming.

For me the 1 year RP is still the best deal - only 400 and 1 year does not roll around too fast. The 2 year is more expensive (Physical) in the long run so I will stick with the 1 year RP for now.

Related forum threads

Login to post