GoKunming Forums

Cold Again

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

o ye of little faith!
verily i say unto you, thou shalt not enter the kingdom of heaven with thy shitty insulation.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

mike4g_air: "Crappy cold weather for the next few days so let's start another cold weather rant."

That sounds awfully arrogant, Western-centric, and colonialist! It is cultural. Things are different between China and Europe or the USA! Stop trying to change China to fit how you think is "better". It is purely cultural! also [you're] white, Western idea of cold weather is perfectly valid in the West, but in China, there is a different view! Many USAmericans go to France and notice that French people stand in the cold to eat omelette du fromage, for example, then drink American Coke, complaining about "those uncivilized French trying to make muh Coca Cola cold!" It is 100% cultural. Why would you spend years in a culture that you obviously resent and dislike and scorn?!

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Nobody is likely to change the weather, which has no nationality - it's not cultural, and the idea that there is something called 'weather in the West' and and something called 'weather in China' is ridiculous. Find something better to complain about. If you're cold, put on a sweater.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Calling a city 'Spring city' doesn't make it so. Kunming is NOT really a spring city. They just say that as a marking tool. It does get cold here in the winter and we are in the winter season, are we not?

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

alien from outer space, i think yankee007 was trying to be funny while taking a break from international espionage.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

At least someone got it.

@Liumingke, yes I've said that before and it's false marketing to call it that. They should change it to "Kunming - Spring City, but only in summer".

Related forum threads

Login to post