GoKunming Forums

Places for a good beer

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have more time on my hands now, and I am looking for new places for a good beer. Or even beer and a bite.

I already know Salvadors, French Cafe, Brooklyn Pizza, Moondog, O'Reilly's and The Mask. Where else do people recommend>

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

DT in Ma Yuan is great fun! Cool people,music, pool, foosball, nice pizza and cheap too. Excellent spot!

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

There is only one place for good beer.
Unfortunately you will have to go to Dali for that ;-)
The Bad Monkey is working on a wider distribution however.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I went to Yeta last night (Nanya location, but apparently there are 4 more owned by the same person, including one on Wen Lin Jie). Imported stuff only I believe. Good onion rings.

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

the bad monkey-good beer times are long gone.
we tried 2 weeks ago. the wheat they had was nightmarish. and they still made us pay for it. flavour was watery with too sweet of a nuance. and it had literally no strenghth in flavour. if you are a dali patron you can get a dali fresh beer at the BBQ stalls that tastes almost exactly like it.
at least it had a little yeast flavour.

we wanted to try the stout but some patrons said it tastes like a strong watery root beer, these days.

the place was empty the whole time we were there.
explains a lot.

i miss the old monkey days.
i really looked forward to monkey beer but was bitterly disappointed. the only bitter available at the moment at BM. lol

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

i recommend going to metro, carrefour, golden eagle or parkson and get a proper beer. invite some friends and take both to a good BBQ place and enjoy the beer and friends.

we have been to the new german place. they don't have drafts but the foid was good and then a beer tastes extra yum yum.

pricy but good if you don't mind german food.

Related forum threads

Login to post