GoKunming Forums

What to bring to Kunming

proselabeto (4 posts) • 0

My family (my wife, myself and our boys, ages 4 and 2) are moving to Kunming from the States. We are trying to decide how much stuff to bring. Besides a few sentimental things like photos and the kids, what should we bring? Clothes, computers, books, etc?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

chris (144 posts) • 0

In terms of clothes, you and your wife might find it difficult to find what you're looking for in Kunming, but finding clothes for the kids shouldn't be a problem. Men's shoe sizes usually don't go beyond 9ish (US size) and most of my female friends have trouble finding shoes they like, so you might want to consider that. I'd probably bring plenty of socks too.

In terms of appliances, I'd say you can buy most of that here, even computers.

If you plan on buying bicycles here in Kunming, you may want to consider bringing some quality bike locks with you as they are difficult to find.

Other than these things, you may want to bring some things from where you're from in the states to give as gifts. You will likely make some local friends... it's always nice to give people something they don't normally have access to. I hope that helps, good luck with the move.

Related forum threads

Login to post