GoKunming Forums

Re: "Looking for highly professional teacher" ad

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

@Magnifico
Not sure if you read any of the posts, but the whole point is that he is looking for a "highly professional teacher" for a competitive (if not VERY good, perhaps) salary. Hardly monkey/peanuts territory.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Yeah sorry. That last post wasn't directed at this job ad. It was just a feeble attempt at sarcastic humor about many jobs in general.

If you read my previous (serious) posts, I actually don't think this thread is a fair attack. I defended this job ad as sounding like a fairly reasonable/good/maybe very good offer for the Kunming job market. But anyway, apologies for the smart-ass remark.

fixitwithahammer (165 posts) • 0

Thanks Magnifico.
Actually I told my boss about this thread and will share what you [all wrote]. Maybe she sees the need for some changes and will give us a raise or at least think about it. Awareness is everything [well not everything, but something].

It is a proper job and especially as a preschools job it is a very good [not just the money] with chances and opportunity and good pay for little work [which isn't the goal, in my opinion, for professional teachers, but just IMHO].

I am in charge of managing teachers, P.D., communication, support and I will try my best to make work nice and fun.

So if job ads are the problem I think there is worse out there than the ad I am running for our school.

Plus it is really destructive and mean to bash any ad. If it's all that bad and terrible tell your HR dept. that you can safe a lot of aspiring teachers from getting into our school by opening an ad for your school.

Plus not even knowing the place and judging is sounds almost like sabotage to me.

I hope in general that whole ad bashing will not become viral. Coz then you have to bash pretty much every ad. Foreigners selling 2nd hand stuff for ridiculous prices, job ads, housing ads personals, etc.

I hope we can get beyond that.

Cheers!

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Heck, if we were staying longer I'd apply in a heartbeat and negotiate free tuition for my 3-yr-old :) Pre-school is one of the things I like to do, and otherwise it's just pre-school for one, all day, every day. Like others have said, it wouldn't bring me to Kunming, but I'm here anyway and my Master's degree is getting itchy :)

fixitwithahammer (165 posts) • 0

@Elisa

There was discount tuition for staff kiddo's [800 or 900RMB/month] if I remember and I think I heard a birdy saying it will be or already is free. But I would have to check that one out.

Although you had to continuously work there for at least six month to enjoy the discount.

Thanks for reminding me I have to check on the latest update. P.M. me if you are interested.

I have a baby, too. [although, too young for preschool] anyway I should check it out, again.

Plus you'd still get your salary.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

At this point we won't be here long enough. Our whole trip was 7 months, but now we have less than 3 remaining.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

seriolsy you are gonna charge one of your own teachers to place thier kids. or make em wait 6 months. dont ya realise that that would be a big draw for some teachers who would not otherwise be able to take a job and it would make em super loyal, and guess what, it won't cost the school a penny to put another bum on a seat, not a grudamn penny. so why the hell try to clawback from potential staff. that attitiude would even stop some people applying if they think 'cheeky bustards'. sounds like your employer is not thinking thigns through. must be locals.

Related forum threads

Login to post