GoKunming Forums

Good Bars & Restaurants in Dali?

rebobbinator (23 posts) • 0

Headed to Dali this weekend and am wondering if anyone can recommend good places for dinner or drinks. I am not expecting anything special. I have been many times before and know how overly commercialized it has become. Bad Monkey has OK beer but there's often no place to sit and it's too loud to have a conversation. Maybe there are some guest houses with decent food and cold beer?

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

I have to be honest. I was not very impressed with the food in Dali. But Jade Emu has some pretty good buffets and there is a fish and chips place called "Manilitos" that was actually somewhat authentic.

I like Chinese food, but didn't find many places in Dali that I would like to go back to that aren't a ripoff.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I usually hate hotpot, but we stumbled upon a good hotpot place when we got back late one evening and needed something to eat. The soup had basically a whole chicken in it and was pretty tasty. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what it was called or its exact address, but it was on a corner a few blocks north of Renmin Lu, not much help I know!

Related forum threads

Login to post