Keats School

Forums

tailor in kunming

esther (13 posts) • 0

Hey guys,

We are invited to a wedding for which me and my bf will have to wear a traditional qipao/ tangzhuang. As we both exceed chinese dress sizes by far, we were wondering whether there is a reliable tailor in Kunming. Alternativly we are also heading to dali, so if someone can recommend a place around there, it would also be appreciated. Also: has anyone ever had a qipao tailor made and knows how much we can roughly expect to pay? (We are not in china yet and will only have a few days before the wedding, so taobao is not an option). Thanks in advance!

AlPage48 (1195 posts) • 0

My wife had all of hers made on Beijing Lu. Each time the price was about 1,000 per dress and needed 2 weeks to complete.
From you note I gather you don't have that much time.

esther (13 posts) • 0

Thanks a lot for your answer. Do you happen to have a name or adress (beijing lu was quite long if i remember correctly?)? Two weeks are probably juuuust a bit too long, but will check out the place anyways. If anyone has other suggestions I would still love to hear them ;-)

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

My husband got a full suit made in 3 days by paying a rush fee. I'm sure you could speed up the process.

AlexKMG (2361 posts) • 0

Why isn't taobao an option? Couldn't you order off taobao now and have it shipped to and paid for by friends or relatives of groom/bride in Dali? I mean you'll be there in person soon enough to reimburse and receive. Bring a nice bottle of scotch or whiskey for their trouble.

Login to post Register to post