WHY CHOOSE KCEL
● Founded in 1999, Kunming College of Eastern Language is the largest and most established Chinese language schools in Yunnan. Over 18 years’ experiences, WE KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU LEARN!
● KCEL has not only been honored as the best mandarin school on Go Kunming website, it also serves as the training base for International Chinese teachers in Hanban, those who are professional and talented ensure our teaching of high quality. Teachers in KCEL have good command of Mandarin, and they can speak English fluently, there are weekly teaching training courses for them at the same time. KCEL is a campus worth trusting as the World Bank, UNESCO and New Zealand embassy all appointed KCEL to teach their staff Chinese.
● There are four campuses you may choose.The main school is located in the centre.Beichen campus is located in the north.West campus is located in the west.So no matter where you live,KCEL is always close to you.You can choose where to study freely according to your own travel。
● KCEL downtown campus is over 20,000 sq.ft., including a common room with free internet, billiards, Ping-Pong table, a cafeteria, bookshelves,and 38 classrooms. KCEL is located at the heart of Kunming downtown, minutes of walk from bus/subway station,KCEL is surrounded with restaurants,coffee bars and the largest CUIHU park across the street.Nan Ping street, the largest shopping district in Kunming is also a short walk away.
● Kunming College of Eastern Language coordinates advanced Learning programs with well-known Universities throughout China. International students who have studied Mandarin and successfully completed the HSK examination will be recommended to these universities to study for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a PHD.
● Every term we will give excellent students scholarship from 300 to 1000 yuan, meanwhile there are other discounts, and the tuition fee can be very cheap at 2700 yuan each term considering kinds of discounts.
HOW TO APPLY FOR VISA
● Add our WeChat (kmkcel) to ask for a student’s visa application form or use the following website (http://www.learnchineseinkunming.com )to obtain the necessary form which should be filled in, with your Passport front page(Must be complete) sent back to the office by Wechat or E-mail:(firstname.lastname@example.org).
● Pay the registration fee 300RMB, insurance premium 200RMB.
● Kunming College of Eastern Language and Culture will go through the formalities of the JW202 and post back the authorized JW202 form and the letter of acceptance to you.
● Please go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate which is nearest to you with the letter of acceptance, JW202 form to apply for a student visa (X visa) and then come to our school to register upon arrival.
● If there is no need for KCEL to provide student visa service,You can also hold a tourist visa or visit visa, business visa to the school.
SCHOOL CHARACTERISTICS AND SERVICES
● All students will have a Chinese language test before they study in our college. Our college will seek to ensure every student’s HSK level will rise one or two grades after taking Chinese language training courses for one semester.
●KCEL offers a variety of Chinese classes, a flexible schedule and mind-refreshing trips and language social activities.
●An experienced bilingual tutor will be arranged for each student to help resolve any difficulties and to offer study guidance.
● We help you to solve the lodging problem
● Free coffee and drinks，Free table tennis table, billiard hall,KTV
● Airport pick-up
●Basic Chinese language
●Business Chinese ＆pop Chinese for Tourism
●Ancient Chinese (elective courses)
●Special subject lectures on Chinese culture (elective courses)
●Chinese culture skills training (elective courses)
●Chinese ethnic languages (elective courses)
●Social survey : Arrangement for students to use Mandarin and research Chinese culture within specific social units, etc.
Our small class(5-12persons) :10 hours/week, 4500RMB/person/20 wk.semester, and we have one to one class, International students can also make their own decisions concerning how many hours they would like to study and pay tuition according to the teaching hours RMB85/hour (one-to-one) or RMB35/hour(small class).
The teaching methodology, curriculum, class time etc, can be arranged according to students’ requirements. If students are dissatisfied with a teacher or teaching methodology, a new teacher will be arranged and methodology adjusted accordingly.
●We offer Student apartment（1600RMB/person/20wk.semester）、 Standard room and Home-stay with Chinese family（120RMB/person/day）,Students with these two kinds of accommodations need to inform school through Wechat one month in advance.
●We can also help you rent a room around school, which has private bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom, the price varies from 1800 to 2800RMB/month depending on the area of the house. You can choose to have a roommate or not.
For more information visit school website (http://www.learnchineseinkunming.com ) or contact us by Wechat (kmkcel)
Really great teachers here at KCEL! They've helped my Chinese improve muchly. However, it's definately a business and not an institute of higher learning. Administration is all about that cheddar. But the location is way more convenient than going all the way to Chenggong!
i come from korea. I have been in KCEL for 3 months. I like to learn Chinese at KCEL. I play table tennis every day. My goal is to pass HSK5.
I like here.
I love my life in Kunming. I study in the KCEL every day, and the teachers have been very helpful to me. They have made a plan for my study that suits me. I feel good. My visa was a bit of a hassle, but they took care of it for me. I go back to my country for two months on leave,after I came back to school, I can continue to study,it made me feel like they were pros. I met some friends here. It's quite enjoyable.
I was incredibly disappointed with KCEL. I have attended schools—in China and the US—with much better teachers. If you want to study in Kunming specifically, I would recommend Yunnan Normal University over KCEL any day!
Also be warned: the prices listed on this page are not accurate. For one-to-one classes, the cost is a minimum of 90rmb/hour. If you attend less than 120 hours, then they try to charge you 120rmb per hour, which is just astronomically high, especially considering how terrible the teachers are. Also, they force you to pay in a lump sum instead of on a weekly basis because their policy is that if you need to leave the program early for ANY REASON you will not get a refund. For example, I had a family emergency and immediately needed to return home, my tuition fee had not even finalized, and the administration refused to refund the tuition. Note: other universities do refund tuition expenses! Especially considering the teachers made absolutely no plan of study for me—and even made me take a taxi by myself to a bookstore to pick out my own textbook (which I purchased and they did not let me keep)—I do not see why it would be *impossible* or unreasonable for them to refund at least some of the tuition expenses. And even though I think the quality of the education is terrible, I also think that it is unfortunate that the tuition I paid and subsequently did not use will go directly to the administration and will not go to teachers or other staff.
Many schools also offer many more opportunities to interact with other students and teachers, while KCEL only really offers lunch (which is not included in tuition) and the teachers often just sit together and talk amongst themselves.
Bottom line: KCEL is in the business of taking your money, they are not providing quality education or cultural immersion. I would choose any school over KCEL.
First time aboard.Never had a student visa before.So I'm so worried about the whole visa thing.But they helped go through the application process.The whole thing took less than two weks.