- Address218 Dongfeng Lu, Fuchun Building, unit A, 5F, Kunming
- Phone(0871) 65358860
- Fax(0871) 65330781
WHY CHOOSE KCEL?
● Founded in 1999, Kunming College of Eastern Language is the largest and most established Chinese language schools in Yunnan. Over 18 years’ experiences, WE KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU LEARN!
● KCEL has not only been honored as the best mandarin school on Go Kunming website, it also serves as the training base for International Chinese teachers in Hanban, those who are professional and talented ensure our teaching of high quality.
● There are three campuses you may choose. KCEL downtown campus is over 20,000 sq.ft., including a common room with free internet, billiards, Ping-Pong table, a cafeteria, bookshelves,and 38 classrooms. KCEL is located at the heart of Kunming downtown, minutes of walk from bus/subway station,KCEL is surrounded with restaurants,coffee bars and the largest CUIHU park across the street.Nan Ping street, the largest shopping district in Kunming is also a short walk away.
● Kunming College of Eastern Language coordinates advanced Learning programs with well-known Universities throughout China. International students who have studied Mandarin and successfully completed the HSK examination will be recommended to these universities to study for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a PHD.
SCHOOL CHARACTERISTICS AND SERVICES
● All students will have a Chinese language test before they study in our college. Our college will seek to ensure every student’s HSK level will rise one or two grades after taking Chinese language training courses for one semester.
●KCEL offers a variety of Chinese classes, a flexible schedule and mind-refreshing trips and language social activities.
●An experienced bilingual tutor will be arranged for each student to help resolve any difficulties and to offer study guidance.
●Free coffee and drinks，Free table tennis table, billiard hall,KTV
●Language practice partner(Free)
You can choose group class or one on one class all the type below
Comprehensive Course (Primary & Intermediate & Advanced)
Listening and Speaking (Elementary & Intermediate & Advanced)
Reading and Writing Course (Primary & Intermediate & Advanced)
HSK 1~6 & BCT
Chinese Culture Course
i come from korea. I have been in KCEL for 3 months. I like to learn Chinese at KCEL. I play table tennis every day. My goal is to pass HSK5.
I like here.
I love my life in Kunming. I study in the KCEL every day, and the teachers have been very helpful to me. They have made a plan for my study that suits me. I feel good. My visa was a bit of a hassle, but they took care of it for me. I go back to my country for two months on leave,after I came back to school, I can continue to study,it made me feel like they were pros. I met some friends here. It's quite enjoyable.
I was incredibly disappointed with KCEL. I have attended schools—in China and the US—with much better teachers. If you want to study in Kunming specifically, I would recommend Yunnan Normal University over KCEL any day!
Also be warned: the prices listed on this page are not accurate. For one-to-one classes, the cost is a minimum of 90rmb/hour. If you attend less than 120 hours, then they try to charge you 120rmb per hour, which is just astronomically high, especially considering how terrible the teachers are. Also, they force you to pay in a lump sum instead of on a weekly basis because their policy is that if you need to leave the program early for ANY REASON you will not get a refund. For example, I had a family emergency and immediately needed to return home, my tuition fee had not even finalized, and the administration refused to refund the tuition. Note: other universities do refund tuition expenses! Especially considering the teachers made absolutely no plan of study for me—and even made me take a taxi by myself to a bookstore to pick out my own textbook (which I purchased and they did not let me keep)—I do not see why it would be *impossible* or unreasonable for them to refund at least some of the tuition expenses. And even though I think the quality of the education is terrible, I also think that it is unfortunate that the tuition I paid and subsequently did not use will go directly to the administration and will not go to teachers or other staff.
Many schools also offer many more opportunities to interact with other students and teachers, while KCEL only really offers lunch (which is not included in tuition) and the teachers often just sit together and talk amongst themselves.
Bottom line: KCEL is in the business of taking your money, they are not providing quality education or cultural immersion. I would choose any school over KCEL.
First time aboard.Never had a student visa before.So I'm so worried about the whole visa thing.But they helped go through the application process.The whole thing took less than two weks.
The teachers are very friendly, and helpful. They booked the hotels for me and helped me found the cheapest housing. They even got my friend a good home-stay program for the real Chinese experience.