GoKunming Forums

What do you love about Kunming?

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

HFCAMPO, you sure seem obsessed with me. Also, thanks for derailing yet another thread.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The cat is out of the bag - yes, I am obssessed with you! Perhaps others are equally obssessed or should I use the proper terms - frustrated, saturated, tired, overwhelmed, or just plain sick of your endless ranting.

Ask yourself this question, Am I the only person on this forum who seems to be obssessed with you or are others equally tired?

I am sure there will be a long line of people who will tell you the same.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

HFCAMPO, you are certainly the leader. Now, back to the actual topic of this thread: what do you love about Kunming?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I love the feeling I get when I walk down the streets. I feel safe. I love it when I see the elderly person doing their morning dances. I love that Kunming's weather is for the most part good. I feel at peace in Kunming. I'm glad I chose this city as my first choice.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Yes, I was in the park today and saw literally hundreds of folk just sitting around, singing, dancing, playing instruments, playing with their kids, smiling at strangers. None were at all self-conscious. Lovely atmosphere. Just love that about China/Kunming.

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

Yea, I am with the last two guys. I went out tonight to relax a I am under some stress lately. Stroleld around my neighborhood and got some sushi from the nice sushi vendor who has me spoiled now. She has ruined all other sushi wraps for me. I walked around the always active market area. People smiled and looked and stared at me. I said hi to a couple regulars. I was tired and not in the best of moods, feeling the universe closing in on me a bit, then I realized this was my home really. This is where I live and may even die someday. It is not so bad.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Sushi from a vendor?? Where? Where? Where?

This is what annoys me a lot about the west and what I love about China too. Everytime I go back to the West I feel the societal pressure closing in... don't do anything in public that could slightly embarrass yourself... don't take a risk... don't be yourself. Be a robot, walk normally, pretend you are just like everyone else.

For a places that are obsessed with individuality, western societies certainly don't promote it in public.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I like the fact that health care is relatively inexpensive, and that literacy is relatively high.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

And that there are plenty of small shops, and restaurants of all kinds everywhere, as well as plenty of streetfood stands.

Related forum threads

Login to post