GoKunming Forums

Looking for someone to help us move a few bags

lpompano (7 posts) • 0

Hello! I just arrived in Kunming and my friend and I are getting an apartment in south green lake. We don't have enough stuff or money to hire a moving company like ANT but we each have maybe 3-4 suitcases and I have a shoulder injury and can't really get them up the 6 flights to our new apartment.

If someone has an SUV and some muscles, we'd be able to pay a small amount and offer dinner and drinks to you in exchange for helping us :) I doubt it'd take more than an hour or two. We're moving from XiNan LinYe DaXue to HuaShan Nan Lu. Let me know if you'd be available anytime tomorrow through Sunday to help!

I don't have a phone yet but email me and I can arrange the details. (Buying a phone this evening)

Thanks,
-Laura

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Hire a guy - they're everywhere - with a 3-wheeled pedal bike, he'll carry the stuff upstairs for you. It will be very cheap.

adaminkm (31 posts) • 0

Agree. Get a tricycle guy or one of the guys who drives those small vans...they hang around everywhere looking to make a few bucks moving things for people.

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

do you speak Chinese? if yes, you can call this number:15198728963 or 15912489127 Mr Hong, he has a minivan and he and his wife helped me when I moved to my new apartment. they will charge you something like 100 or 150 rmb, depending on how much stuff you have (and they will carry everything). you can tell him I gave you this number (if he remembers me!), my chinese name is qiao lei and i live in beijing lu.

SFbayarea (5 posts) • 0

I can help you move your bags upstairs, but I don't have any way to help you move the bags to your apartment. I am right next to Green Lake as well. Let me know.

Cell: 15025169672

zhulaoye (83 posts) • 0

Jesus. It is like I am back in America where some American gal can't say a decent thing about men but when there is something to lugged around by one of the brainless workhorses they are over it with their "I need some muscles" and "I have a boo boo on my little shoulder" schtick. We'll feed you though. Good Lord. And what foreigner comes to China with not enough money to hire a cheap ass Chinese moving service. and there are lug heads falling for it. Who says chivalry is dead. It is rearing its ugly head in Kunming at this moment. You ain't get any dude! This makes me need another Whopper!

Related forum threads

Login to post