GoKunming Forums

Cheap Apartments in Kunming

SamFinnegan (3 posts) • 0

Hi everyone!

I've just moved to Kunming and am looking for a cheap apartment to rent.

All of what I've found has been above the 1000RMB mark but I was hoping to find something simple for about 500-700 per month.

I'm really just looking for 1 room and a toilet and shower somewhere near to the universities.

Are there apartments available within this price range or am I being unrealistic??

If anyone can give any information on this, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

The cheapest I found was 1200 for a one bed place last July and it was really grotty. I ended up renting a two bed place for 1500.
You can probably find a flat share for your budget.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

The prices of renting has gone up really fast. When I first came here I rented a studio apartment for 500 RMB which at the time was considered cheap and that was 7 years ago. I had to pay 6 months in advance plus maintenance fee. The rents are now about 1200 a month. Now it's not to say that you can't find an apartment for 700 RMB but you will probably have a hard time.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

You can get a room for that amount with flatmates, sure. But for a flat to yourself, I doubt you can find anything that cheap without rats and roaches.

debaser (647 posts) • 0

get a local Chinese friend to arrange to rent it for you if you can - often saves a lot of cash. then when the rent is price is decided you can appear. :)

still, doubt you'll find anything in that area for less than 1k.
good luck!

Karina17 (70 posts) • 0

You can check on 58.com.

I have found a room there for 750/month, sharing with 2 Chineses.
For an apartment by yourself, I have found one at 1000rmb and it was gross.

You should pay at least 1200 to 1500rmb to get something small but decent.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I have a small flat - bedroom, living room, small area with enough windows, kitchen, bathroom with small bathtub, squat toilet, Y800/month. It's a litttle over 2 kms. from Wenlinjie.

Rachelc (28 posts) • 0

I just rented a place in 创意英国, an apartment/business complex on jiaoling lu for 1500/month. Its a nice place, a single flat with a minimal kitchen and small bathroom. I would suggest it, the area is really cool. And the 56 bus runs right to the Wenlin gate of the university stops not far away.

Related forum threads

Login to post