GoKunming Forums

WANTED: help in getting my stolen Van back

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

This is a message going out to all people on here.
Any help at keeping a look out for our Van is highly appreciated.

Tonight at 12:40am (2014/01/06) our Van was stolen in the Guandu district. If it is still in the area, then it is most likely driven towards Chenggong University Town, Century City, or some area off Guangfu Lu.

Type: Black Van
Make: Jin-Bei
Model: extra long 9 seater
License plate: (Yunnan A) 905ZB
Year: 2013
(see sample images below)

Markings:
- missing right back wheelcap (all wheels have silver caps, but the steel wheel is jet-black)
- has a mirror outside above the back window for going backwards
- scratch: 1.6 meter long, 3-4cm wide along the entire bottom side of the right sliding door.
- small scratch on the bumper (front left corner)
- small scratch on the bumper (back left corner)
- missing spare tire at the back-bottom. Spare tire-support (metal bar) is hung up with a silver metal wire.

Although the police said they are likely to change the looks of the car, they may not re-paint the car or get rid of "useful" elements. They may remove the wheelcaps in order to make the missing wheel stand out less, but they'll still severely stand out as they are pitch-black.
Although this car is becoming more common, it's still a little rare and a VERY noticeable van as it's large, long, modern and not like the common grey mini-vans you see everywhere.

*Important notice: if you see a vehicle matching the description, do not personally engage any suspect(s). Criminals may be armed and dangerous. If you spot a car with this description, please call me on 18687150319 or call the police (a detailed report has been filed. Please mention the license plate number above for database-reference as the thieves are likely to change that first).

Any help is very much appreciated.
All the best and a happy 2014!

Images of our type of van:

img.pconline.com.cn/[...]

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Silvio

Two things:

1) The photos do not load.

2) I guess if we were to see the van, we should PM you on GoK?

Sorry you lost the van but your post isn't gonna help you much.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

the photos don't load for me.

but the gokm tech team is hard at work modifying the forum to allow photos to be attached.

Here is another image Geezer:
www.dinmen.cn/uploadfile/201005/22/140177541.jpg

Considering there's only a couple hundred or maybe even less of this car in Kunming, the chances aren't that bad in finding it back. It's not like they can ship it to Eastern Europe.

you're right in the notion it might not help much as most foreigners don't drive in KM. But if you happen to see one parked somewhere which has the described scratches and marking (or license plate), then please call the police and then me. PM takes too long.
Thanks for your help in keeping a look out :) The more eyes, the easier it is :)

It's not like I'm asking you to keep a look out for a BMW, Mercedes or Porche. That would be like looking for a needle in a haystack ^_^

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Bummer.
This is why commercial vehicles have the reg number stenciled onto the bodywork.
Just a dual purpose suggestion, but have you considered a livery on your van with your restaurant name? It won't help with this situation, but any future vehicle will be harder to steal, and you will be a rolling advert for your business.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah or ... buy something that draws less attention next time.

Related forum threads

Login to post