GoKunming Forums

How is Chenggong shaping up?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Just rode around new Chenggong (subway stop, uni's, up on plateau). The air is really good there, and despite the 20 or so high rises going up, no army of trucks, which is why the air is pretty good, and a nice breeze off Dianchi. They must come at night, which there is no need as traffic is minimal during the day. Also, no fog, so I guess they should of put the airport here.

Seems another 3 banks, 2 more convenience stores, and 1 spa popped up. However, I still went hungry riding around looking for a place to eat. Where in the world do all those real estate shop workers eat (probably old Chenggong)? I didn't include anything around HoJo, as that's all been there a while. Subway runs 7am-7pm. Trains must be very infrequent as I didn't see one pass as I was following subway back.

On the other hand, old Chenggong is bristling with even more people, trucks, cars, and shops/markets than before. Also, some newly paved roads. It's a pretty short drive there, so that could make new Chenggong livable.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Plenty of eating places around. Across from the Polytechnic Uni is many many food places for the cheap. Several restaurants in the area offer the best food anywhere. Better than Kunming food, farm fresh and great prices.

Mimane (5 posts) • 0

And for those who like dancing, there is a Dangsters Dance Studio there too!! Hip-Hop, Jazz, Popping, Reggae, etc. ;)

Related forum threads

Login to post