GoKunming Forums

Forum inconsistencies

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

I don't get it, what was wrong with the discussion regarding missionaries in China? What rule did it violate? From what I could tell, unless some inflammatory posts were already deleted, the only offense was the subject matter. Are the moderator really that sensitive or thin-skinned that censorship is preferable to a vigorous discussion? If religion is off limits than please clarify what else is off limit?

What seems hypocritical to me is that any discussion of religion, if that was indeed the reason to lock that thread, is not allowed and yet classifieds openly soliciting "naughty fun" is fully embraced.

How about showing a little respect for GoKunming members who freely contribute their time and energy to provide free content so that you can sell advertising.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Are the moderator really that sensitive or thin-skinned that censorship is preferable to a vigorous discussion?

yep, you got it. why are you asking a question that you already know the answer to?

haha, yeah that's your specialty isn't it? that and speaking in tongues?
i'm going to make a bold prediction. this thread will get locked soon.

tommann (423 posts) • 0

I am sorry if my missionary thread cause trouble or violated a policy. I Really just wanted a discussion, but I like Go Kunming and I do not want to cause trouble.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

An intelligent, college educated person should be able to hold their own in rhetoric. Critical thinking, at least when I went to school, was one of the foundations of education; it would not be possible to receive a diploma without demonstrating aptitude in critical thinking and rhetoric. So to respond to your comment, it is not my specialty, it is just that it should be the basis of debate for all intelligent people.

Anybody that can't, well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Hey look man, I applaud your debating spirit and critical thinking prowess, but this probably isn't the best place to be doing it.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

We are not living in a free world nation. What we say and think might be very closely monitored. In the forum that was locked it seemed some accusations were made against a certain group of people which could bring them some difficulties.

Related forum threads

Login to post