GoKunming Forums

Entire pig/goat roast revived.

单独子 (7 posts) • 0

Ben Dover +2

I don't know if there is a local custom of whole roast pig, but some Xinjiang (Uyghur Muslim) restaurants specialize in 烤全羊.

Ben Dover (12 posts) • 0

Thanks whilst I'm a vegitarian I love meat. I'm a bi-vegitarian if you will,sure I love vegetables but ill experiment with meat every so often. Maybe I'm just fooling myself.

Nagam (11 posts) • 0

@Ben... Thanks for taking this off my hands... Just realised how busy I am to take this project on for @Tommann

Nagam (11 posts) • 0

@tommann & @ben Dover... Going to move this over to O'Reillys because if any one can fix this Tim I'll fix it!

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

When we were talking about this before ...I found a restaurant that does the whole pig, It was around 800rmb(give or take) ... So really, all we have to do is find people to put down the deposit and go pick an animal.

I would be happy to do this at O'Reillys!(it is close to my house! :)) But, not sure they have the ability to do it? you would need a pretty big place for a fire and a spit roast..Maybe we could get a small group and do a suckling pig there?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

If we did O'Reilly's, could we kill the pig? I think it is an important part of the entire process.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@tommann

I think you are right, it is important. I'd hate to have to put a live pig on the spit.

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

I just went to the homemade beer place mentioned in the gokunming article from a couple weeks ago..They also do a whole pig! 480rmb!! much cheaper then the last quote i got! Lets stop pussy footing and do this!

zofar (3 posts) • 0

Sorry ... I might be missing this info, but where is this place located in KMG, and what is the name of the restaurant.

I'm interested in the pig roast!!!

Related forum threads

Login to post