GoKunming Forums

Airport Pick-up?

TheDelton (1 post) • 0

My flight to Kunming (in a few weeks) lands after midnight. Does anyone know of any hotels that would pick me up? Would taxis still be out that time of night? Any recommendations for accommodations? Thanks.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

i flew in late. can't remember the exact time. must have been 11 pm and there were taxis. so i'm almost certain there will be taxis after midnight. they're businessmen, after all, and they know what times flights arrive. you'll be harangued by black taxi guys inside the airport. but if you ignore them, walk out and there's a line of people waiting for legit taxis.

accomodations i don't know.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

There will be taxi's no problem. Most of the hostels offer pick up, but it's expensive. The Hump is 170 for airport pick up. It's only 60 in a taxi.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I got in at 1am once and was still able to take the bus services. These stop at heaps of hotels and in convenient places around the city and are only 30 kuai I think. Where is a good link though for these? I can't remember which numbers go where...

len guitarman (3 posts) • 0

You can take a bus ( I thought line 1) or taxi (in high season you have to keep in mind to wait for about 30 min in the line). Don't go with the guys who offer you, to bring you to your hotel. They ask for a higher price then a taxi and are not reliable.
You can also check with a local travel agency in Kunming called Wonders Of Yunnan, they have a webpage for airport pick up. They have an English speaking staff, very reasonable priced and work professional.

Good luck!

John Xie (109 posts) • 0

I offer airport pick up, charge 150. I speak good English. my Email johnxie@189.cn or cellphone 13354949490 thanks!

Asanee (117 posts) • 0

Airport to town by taxi is around about 100 Yuan, plus minus 10 Yuan (but this includes the 10 Yuan expressway toll charge). mRPIN, 60 Yuan is too cheap to get from the airport to the city. It might only be 60 if you live on the outskirts of town, but downtown (Nanping Jie) is about 80-100 Yuan and the university area is 90-115 Yuan based on my experience (115 Yuan was for a 12.30am taxi ride from the airport to Renminxi Lu last week).

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Not sure if KMG is the same as other chinese cities. Taxi fares at night are higher, the meters/fare tariffs are legally highers.

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

@Dazzer, yes taxi fares are higher at night in Kunming, 9.60 cny is the starting fare. During the day it's 8 cny.

Related forum threads

Login to post