GoKunming Forums

Krav maga in Kunming

bruse (6 posts) • 0

I'm moving to Kunming in a few weeks and would like to pick up Krav Maga while staying there, any tips are appreciated!
/Bruse

ksmcqueen (96 posts) • 0

I practiced a bit in the US, I'm not sure if anything exists here now, but if there's enough interest maybe we can get a club going. Anyone down?

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

Krav maga...the art of "punch you in the balls" hahah
Not sure about anyone teaching KM here, but i know there is a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt that does lessons...

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

I used to have classes in it. Don't know if they have it here. Especially because teachers need licenses (as far as I know they are issued for 1 year at a time by Israelian instructors).

I know they teach Kung Fu in KM :)

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

Nope, sorry. I do know a Tai Chi master in North Kunming. She's a very kind, patient and energetic lady.
Tai Chi when taught well is about physical and mental balance (no sloppy waving with loose hands). So it's good for all ages and both men and women (and children). (My whole family has classes with her 2x a week).
If you want I can give you her number and she can probably point you in the right direction / to the right teachers as she's a Master.

-Silvio

Chicha78 (51 posts) • 0

Hi Bruse, I am an ex-Judoka, Jiu Jitsuka, studied in Australia and Japan. I also studied and competed in Greco Roman wrestling, BJJ. By no means a teacher or sensei, just a die hard Budo man.

I could teach you some techniques for throwing, strangulations, arm-locks, and pins.

If you want to 'roll' sometime just email me and meet me at Hongta Sports stadium next to Dianchi Lake on Hongta Rd.

I have investigated the Judo and Jiu Jitsu schools here. Mostly undisciplined places where parents drop off spoilt kids who do not wear their gi's.

Also be aware this is a private meeting, I do not think the red stamp club will be too thrilled if a group of foreigners start training in hand to hand combat in Kunming if you get my drift.

I got to Shodan (provisional black belt) but that doesn't mean much after 6 years of training and competition.

Email me: sacichello@hotmail.com

Related forum threads

Login to post