GoKunming Forums

Strange light in the sky tonight

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Anyone else see it? I am in the South, looked like a rocket taking off, heading straight up and leaving an illuminated bright white tail. I figure it was terrestrial in origin but the interesting thing was a plane flew straight through the tail, which means air traffic wasn't controlled around it. Very weird!

scally (127 posts) • 0

I saw it as well. Looked like it was putting out a ton of smoke and then just faded out. I'll look in the papers tomorrow morning and see if there is any information.

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

any chance it was a meteorite way up in the atmosphere? i've seen big ones before that leave a long smoke trail, sometimes sparkling, before skipping back out into space or burning up. if it was a meteorite, at least it didn't explode like that russian one.

Pierre (46 posts) • 0

Could it have been the Sojusz which arrived from the ISS last night? What time did you see the light?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Not a meteor,unless they travel straight up away from the earth! I am pretty sure it was a rocket launch,if by the government or military it would explain why no news.

Related forum threads

Login to post