GoKunming Forums

Theivery in Kunming

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

Your friend was attacked in a residential compound for absolutely no reason? I have a bit of trouble believing that you're telling the full story. I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to think your friend did something to provoke them.

And the fact that you personally have been attacked so many times seems to indicate to me that maybe there's something wrong with the way you're conducting yourself.

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

So you were never actually hit?? I dont think somebody yelling at you counts. poke the rope in your ear? What?

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Story 1:
We were attacked after we were invited by a group of chinese our buddies bbq joint, these guys seemed very nice in the beginning. Until the driver of their A6 hated how a girl looked at my friend and being sober he wasn't very friendly. So after some time he smashed a bottle on the floor, our sign to leave. Later a few friends meet us at the compound gate. We told the guard to stay on the watch. a few seconds later they walk in starting tazing my friend while I had to handle the driver dude. Good thing, the tazer was a rip off

Story 2
I am in a small restaurant with my ex-gf we walk out. Not even 5 steps made, a dude puts his arms around my shoulder telling me we should have a beer together when I want to get out of this he is pushing me and I feel a coat and a rope being swung around me. And these guys trying to hold me are just working for his buddy who had a bad day. Thats what my girlfriend heard their girls shouting at her. Somethig like, "don't worry he just had a bad day."

...you want more stories? Have you ever had a fight in China? Where random Chinese pedestrian help punching and kickeing the foreigner. Disregarding if foreigner started it or not?Why would anyone with a tiny bit of sanity try to provoke that, drunk or not.
Plus If you had one why would someone try to get 7 more.
I am not talking about bar fights, that's why I said 'attacked'.

Yep never got hit! I fought back a few times but after I saw a knife swung at me, I changed my try to stand your ground attitude, and I bolted.

I practiced martial arts since I'm a kid and I think it paid off.

@Yankee
Are you a clown?
Am I Chuck Norris....maybe . Whats the difference between Chuck Norris and Jesus? Chuck Norris wouldn't be nailed to the cross, but the cros would nail itself to him.
I'm as hairy as him, Chuck Norris that is, not Jesus!

Oh man, forums are filled with people that have no clue about anything. Ever been in a fight? A real fight, not the chuck norrian movie fights?
No I am not Chuck Norris but can I handle a fight with one or two people that have no clue about fighting?Sure. And maybe you can too 15-20 years of M.A. has some effect don't you think. Plus the fighting here is not very technical or structured, hence the use of weird weapons.

Look at the next Kundu brawl and tell us what you saw. Maybe then you understand.

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

yeah, but you seem to attract this sort of stuff for whatever reasons. you've seriously had more fights and confrontations than chuck norris in his entire film career.

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

there's a hamster on sale in the classifieds. keep it in your pocket. if someone tries to pull some funny stuff on you, stick it up their butt.

I didn't fight all of them out, as I mentioned earlier. There was that point when I realized it's not worth being killed, as I saw 2 times (I'm sure one died the other one didn't look too good) in club areas in Beijing, over some dumb Chinese Nazi's trying to hate everything not Chinese.

My point is not about fighting, my point was safety, as I said in earlier posts. China is not safe at all, for tourists staying for about two weeks or whatnot, maybe. Hence the embassy warnings being pretty light. But living here as a foreigner (even worse if you are japanese national), you are being constantly targeted. And I have been here for a while and I can live with my annual attack. Since I managed about 8 attacks, I think I will outlive another 8. Do I feel safe here in terms of violence?......Absolutely not, becasue factually it isn't and all the people I know that have been here this long tell me about random attacks as well. Violence occurs less on the surface but when it does, homicide and manslaughter is no problem for thugs as long as they can prove their mianzi buddies they showed their loyalty after a few beers at a KTV.....(stereotype warning- always in the morning)

So guys my advise, swallow your pride and run....whatever you think it's worth fighting for, it's not except your life.

About funny jokes, I don't really mind. I'm a bit sensitive about the fighting part because my gf at that time needed a long time to get over it, walking outside at night and all that.

But I am sure one of those idiots making jokes will get in a fight some day and hopefully will be butt kicked, thinking about those funny lines.

Hamsters won't do I think, they have higher standards from putting their thumbs up to where the sun ain't shine. So sumething less comfortable and spiky would be applicable. Hedghogs would be my advise.
But thanks abcdabcd you broiught a pet shop visit on my to-do list. lol

Related forum threads

Login to post