GoKunming Forums

printing on canvas

Ana88 (14 posts) • 0

Has anyone had photos printed on canvas in Kunming? Or even had photos blown up?

Thanks!

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Getting photos printed in poster size or bigger is easy. Decent quality will cost you maybe 60-100 yuan for a 1x2 meters one. Canvas,, no idea.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Danmairen is pretty close to the cost. If you are quoted 300 to 500 move on. Also, lock the image file so they can't play with it in PS. Remember, they always know what is better and what you really want even if it ruins what you think was a good photo. I had 1 meter wide prints come out with the contrast and colors changed. Good luck.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

You do need to stand behind them and stop them from doing 'creative' stuff to your work. If you are going to refuse to pay, it helps to tell them this before they print it off. These places usually do it while you wait, so that you can stand behind them.

I got a photo done and did not even recognise myself, as they had airbrushed my jaw line to make me look thinner. OK they made me look like Dustin Hoffman, but not like me.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Most places can do big.
Some places can do canvas effect. I think most of the official Kodak places do. You are more likely to find these in the mall areas in the same building as Carrefour/Walmart stores.

Related forum threads

Login to post