GoKunming Forums

Hair Loss

Sundancer (38 posts) • 0

I am serious! Since I have been living in China-4 years-I have lost over half the volume in my hair. I thought it was because of no iodine in water. Are there any suggestions or does anyone know of a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor who speaks English. I used to have the most gorgeous hair you have ever seen.

outsider (35 posts) • 0

Try taking Biotin pills(vitamin H). You can't find Biontin here in China, I already tried, I had to get it from outside of China.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

TCM claims to have a cure for everything.
The first person who comes up with a real cure for hair loss and baldness will be an overnight billionaire. For real.

wangjingling (4 posts) • 0

oh, that's the worst thing that could happen to a man. why don't you find someone who speaks both Chinese and English to go to the Chinese medicine doctor with you? or you can try "霸王防脱洗发" (a very famous brand of shampoo, green box with a picture of Jackie Chan in white)

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Hair loss isn't that big a deal for many men. We just learn to live with it, a part of getting older.
For women and young men it is worse.

But sudden hair loss is concerning for everyone.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I remember reading that protein in the diet is good for hair, especially eggs. But I'm not convinced that diet alone is enough to stop it.

Anyway, Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm wouldn't be quite as funny if he a full head of hair. Neither would George from Seinfeld.

Oh, and smoking might be a culprit because smoking messes up blood flow, including blood flow to the scalp. So if you smoke 12 packs a day, now would be a good time to cut back to 5.

By the way, there's a TCM doctor in the classifieds here.
www.gokunming.com/en/classifieds/item/28788/practice_tcm

I had some experience with TCM in Beijing and I didn't trust that the doctor was being helpful, so I stopped the treatment (nothing to do with hair loss). But I have heard someone giving personal testimony that some TCM doctors can be quite exceptional.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Here is a good website - agelessherbs.com/chinese-herbs/hair-loss/

How Chinese Medicine Addresses Hair Loss-Thinning–Graying -

Tonic herbs; He Shou Wu - Fo ti are the most recognized. - www.tcmwiki.com/wiki/he-shou-wu

Or just go to a TCM doctor and ask for these Ingredients -

Polygonum multiflorum root - he shou wu -

Ascophyllum nodosum herb - kung bu -

Morus albus fruit - sang shen -

Ganoderma lucidum fungus - ling zhi - reishi -

Schisandra chinensis fruit - wu wei zi -

Ligustrum lucidum fruit - nu zhen zi -

Urtica dioica root - qian ma -

Urtica dioica herb - qian ma cao -

Rehmannia glutinosa prepared root- - shu di huang -

Angelica sinensis root - dang gui -

Sesame Indicum seed - hei zhi ma -